Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious delimma -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    Great! Can’t wait to see some pics and your thoughts about it afterwards, If you do get it.

• Henrik
    commented on 's reply
    +1

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Panhead John yeah using the SnS at ~225F the Weber lid's temp dial is about ~75 degrees hotter than the indirect cooking zone's actual grate temp. Once you learn that, you can remember it and make the adjustment in your head and cook at where it says it's 300, but best to have it closer for sure.

• DavidNorcross
    replied
    I am a fan of SNS. You really cannot go wrong either way, but the support and quality from SNS is top shelf.

Leave a comment:

• BFlynn
    replied
    I've already got the PBC, and a 5 burner gasser. So this is really going to be for smaller smokes, or charcoal grilling.
    Much easier to do PoorTex wings too.

It sounds like the SnS has some additional features that are actually useful. I think that's what I'm going to go with....

Leave a comment:

• HawkerXP
    commented on 's reply
    Actually, If I didn't have my Weber kettles I'd probably go with the SnS. Dave is one of us and has always been a straight shooter.

I just like showing off my blue baby.
    Last edited by HawkerXP; December 16, 2020, 02:55 PM.

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    Oh yeah Huskee I forgot about the thermometer placement. That’s a big deal because it’s on the vent side, away from the coals in a 2 zone cook, as you mentioned. And it’s also a lot closer to the cooking grate, makes for more accurate temps. One review I read on the SNS, the temp. on the lid was only about 10-15 degrees different than his grate probe read. The Weber thermometer is pretty much useless, cause it’s always over my coals in the back.

• Richard Chrz
    commented on 's reply
    I should add, I do not even own a SnS add on, So, I am not really sure the value of that coming with a grill. I never have problems running a smooth temp on a 22. The defuser plate, that makes your entire surface like the 24 summit charcoal. Adds real estate for smoking on a 22. More then I imagine a SnS would provide.

• Huskee
    replied
    I wouldn't buy another Weber 22 myself if mine died, I personally would go for the SnS kettle. Not because the Weber isn't any good, it's perfectly fine, but the SnS kettle improves the kettle so much with the table, the thermometer positioned on the vent side, and the probe wire port. The 26" Weber kettle though, that's a beast and I encourage you to consider it.

Leave a comment:

• Richard Chrz
    replied
    Why not the New Weber 22 Mastertouch with hinge, heat defuser, etc...If I were buying a new 22 today. It would be that one. https://www.weber.com/US/en/grills/c...cgid=4#start=1

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    commented on 's reply
    Three legs will be steady on uneven ground, but four legs may not.

• Panhead John
    replied
    The whole reason you’re getting it is for the cooks I’m assuming. Blue doesn’t cook any better than charcoal grey the SNS has. As others have mentioned the SNS has the better cooking grate, the fan and grate ports, comes with a shelf. On that subject, the SNS shelf is a fold down, the side shelf I bought for my Weber kettle is not. I have to remove it and put it somewhere after all my cooks, to get it out of the way. The lid rack is on the left on the SNS vs. in the back of the Weber, easier access IMO. Also the SNS has 4 legs, vs. Weber’s 3. I’d go with the SNS, hands down.
    Last edited by Panhead John; December 16, 2020, 03:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• klflowers
    commented on 's reply
    BFlynn that settles it. SNS. I don't want you getting insulted like that

• BFlynn
    commented on 's reply
    Only downside to the blue, is that people around here might mistake me for a Cowboys fan.

• BFlynn
    commented on 's reply
    So you're saying I should get the SnS?

pbc,pbc, pbc, pbc

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here