Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One touch cleaning...isn't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One touch cleaning...isn't

So, I've been wondering about something. When rebuilding the Weber I had to install a new one touch system. The one they sent me works fine for the vents, but it doesn't go far enough for the blades to reach the next opening when cleaning. It'd been so long since I used it I can't honestly recall if the blades traversed all the way from hole to hole for cleaning, or if they stopped short. The end result is I have to knock the rest of the ash through with a brush or something.

FWIW, the Weber guy was on the phone with me for over a half hour making sure he had the right one. But, I'm not sure.

How do yours work? When you move the handle from leg to leg, do the blades go from hole to hole?

Feel kind of dumb here, I suppose I should go find one in a store and mess with it.

On my 26" I have the same deal. I just go back and forth quickly to get most of it out then I have to knock what's left by hand.

Comment

Here's the new 2015 Weber Kettle Premium (formerly One Touch Gold) vent settings/handle position, for comparison to yours. FWIW.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
        Here's the new 2015 Weber Kettle Premium (formerly One Touch Gold) vent settings/handle position, for comparison to yours. FWIW.
        Actually, that post is the one that got me to thinking about it while at the 'puter. It looks like yours stops short as well. After I posted I went to Weber's site and watched the video on the one touch Silver, the closest thing to my old kettle. I'm almost certain their blades go all the way across the hole in both directions. Then I went and dug my old blades out of the recycling bin and checked them against the new ones, they appear to be the same size.

Based on FuzzyDaddy's post and my memory, I'm thinking mine never did go all the way. But, then how does the one in the video? If the legs are the same distance apart and the handle is straight, then it makes no sense. Now I gotta' go look at the stupid video again.

Or I guess I'll could just get a new...

"Hey, honey?"
        Last edited by Usernamevalid; July 2, 2015, 07:06 PM. Reason: Edited 'cause I can't type worth a crap.

Comment

Usernamevalid probably just a longer groove for the handle to swing in.

Comment

Looked again. The blades don't go all the way across the holes, but they do go farther than mine.

Last edited by Usernamevalid; July 2, 2015, 07:14 PM.

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Well, as long as they get covered on one end of the swing all is well. Mine only are fully covered on the far left swing.
              Last edited by Huskee; July 2, 2015, 07:19 PM.

• Usernamevalid
              Usernamevalid commented
              Editing a comment
              Fixed the link, I'm a luddite.

Yeah, only full left. Just me being anal.

Hey, ya' know what those openings are in the bottom of a Weber?

Ash holes.

Comment

• Usernamevalid
              Usernamevalid commented
              Editing a comment
              So, how DO you catch a polar bear?

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Usernamevalid. You chop a hole in the ice and put peas around it. Wait for the polar bear to come. When the polar bear comes to take a pea, you kick him in the ice hole!

• Usernamevalid
              Usernamevalid commented
              Editing a comment
              Peas? Reminds me of a joke about an old Indian Chief.

I just pick the kettle up and dump it over the edge of my deck and spread it out to nourish my papaya tree adjacent to my deck. Tree is thriving

Comment

• Usernamevalid
              Usernamevalid commented
              Editing a comment
              Think that may work in Michigan?

Might need to use a pine.

• FLBuckeye
              FLBuckeye commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't see why not but we don't have much of a winter down here

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here