Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

breaking in the new grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost in China
    replied
    You can fast cook chicken? I thought you had to cook it covered for 40 minutes or so. How'd it cook all the way through without burning?

Leave a comment:

• Don Jr
    replied
    Looks amazing. That's my favorite....,leg thigh quarters. Just had some tonight. My favorite this summer is a recipe from Bon Apetit. I take 4 leg and thigh quarters and rub them heavily with 1/4 c smoked paprika, 1/4 c kosher salt and 1/4 c coarse ground black pepper. Cut s lemon in half and grill cut side down for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, brush olive oil in some country bread and grill until nice and crispy on both sides. Serve chicken on top of grilled bread, squeeze lemon over the top and sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley. It's amazing.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Originally posted by somethinfishy View Post
    Huskee I took a sharpie and made marks for closed, 1/4, 1/2 and wide open, as I can see that being a big help in the future. I may just have a slightly out of round kettle that needs clips to prevent leaks where the top and bottom meet
    somethinfishy nice work! We also have a thread here on the new 2015 Weber handle & vent adjustment positions, in pictures. Check it out here!

Leave a comment:

• somethinfishy
    replied
    Huskee I took a sharpie and made marks for closed, 1/4, 1/2 and wide open, as I can see that being a big help in the future. I may just have a slightly out of round kettle that needs clips to prevent leaks where the top and bottom meet

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    They key is tiny adjustments, and allow 5-10 min for the temp to adjust.

Leave a comment:

• somethinfishy
    replied
    It's a Calphalon katana, works great for smaller hands.

The lid did well during the burn in but once I took the lid off to add food I could never find the sweetspot again _John_

Leave a comment:

• _John_
    replied
    The lid should seal a lot better after a few more cooks. Food looks good, and I have never seen a knife with a handle like that...

Leave a comment:

• somethinfishy
    started a topic breaking in the new grill

breaking in the new grill

It was a beautiful (hot!) South Florida evening last night and the perfect time to break in the weber. Chicken was dry brining and the new unit was washed and oiled so I fired up the new cannister. First time without lighter fluid, can't say I taste a difference but it is a much more even ignition!

Once the coals went in the grill for the break in period I got dinner started.

Nice fresh slaw

Chicken came out for oil rub down and the rub

Once the grill was nice and clean with some leftover coals chicken went in hot n fast until they were cooked and crispy then plated on top of the cilantro lime slaw and topped with some fresh blackbean salsa (camera phone did not like the lighting)

Ready to eat!

This is the same meal I posted in my intro. It is my wife's current favorite which means we have it about twice a week. The plus side is the ingredients are inexpensive and there's always enough for the the next day, we shred it and make sandwiches topped with the side dishes!

Noticed a few leaks on the new grill so I either need to buy a gasket or clips before the first long cook. However was very impressed how responsive the grill was to changes to the intake. Looking forward to cooking on this thing more!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here