Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Couldn’t pass it up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couldn’t pass it up

Been watching the Weber site for months to see if the Ocean Blue Kettle ever becomes available again. Did a search on the Ace Hardware site and low and behold one came up and it was only an hour and a half away. So we made the trip and came home with the new addition. She’ll fit right in next to the 26”.

Click image for larger version

Name:	8407FFCA-F04D-496C-94E7-93A3454FE8D3.jpeg
Views:	305
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	913353Click image for larger version

Name:	05E51519-7793-422C-994C-123E1715EEA9.jpeg
Views:	306
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	913354Click image for larger version

Name:	DA5011CA-7A28-4CA1-B518-4F6DE099CD49.jpeg
Views:	310
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	913355

He shoots! He scores!
    Congrats pitmaster. She’s a beaut.

Comment

I love that color, I'd be hard pressed to pick between that and the red. Great find!

Comment

That’s purty .... great score

Comment

Nice color!

Comment

Yea, I think she’ll fit in the family nicely. Thinking about dropping her in the table I just built?

Comment

What a great addition!

Comment

When you have MCS you have MCS!

Comment

• Dadof3Illinois
                Dadof3Illinois commented
                Editing a comment
                I know...my Wife and kids were giving me a hard time about getting another kettle..ha. Had to remind them they like eating what comes off all those
                cookers too!!...ha

• LA Pork Butt
                LA Pork Butt commented
                Editing a comment
                Dadof3Illinois I added a Weber 18” to my Jumbo Joe. I made the Jumbo Joe a dedicated SNS cooker and the new 18” a dedicated Vortex cooker. I called the purchase pandemic MCS.
                Last edited by LA Pork Butt; September 20, 2020, 05:31 AM.

• Dadof3Illinois
                Dadof3Illinois commented
                Editing a comment
                LA Pork Butt I did think about making this a dedicated vortex cooker.
                I really like the new modifications Weber has made to the Master Touch series. The "P" shaped inlet slots, heavy duty stainless grates, elevated 1/2 grate, better wheels and locations already marked for vent locations and lid holder bracket.

Nice looking cooker. Congratulations.

Comment

I'm kinda partial to that color myself.

Comment

Looks very cool! I like the blue!

Comment

She sure is purdy. Jealous. YES.
                    Great score. 👊👊

Comment

Like the others, I'm likin' that shade of blue as well. Likewise, Crate and Barrel claims Weber makes a Slate Blue colored unit exclusively for them. Not as bold as Ocean Blue, but interesting just the same. Click image for larger version

Name:	weber-slate-blue-performer-deluxe-charcoal-grill.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	913642

Comment

• Dadof3Illinois
                        Dadof3Illinois commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I’ve seen that slate blue in the master series but not in the performer style.

A bit of irony, an Ocean Blue kettle popped up on the FB Marketplace located about 16 miles from me......................advertised for $30. Looked to be in very nice condition. Even though the ad was only about 3 hours old, by the time I contacted them it was sold.............not a surprise, but disappointing none the less.

Comment

• Dadof3Illinois
                        Dadof3Illinois commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Wow...yea for $30 that’s a steal!!!!

Ooooooh she’s nice, worth the drive.

Comment

• Dadof3Illinois
                        Dadof3Illinois commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I’m trying to follow in the footsteps of our friend Mr. Bones and start a kettle collection...👍👍👍😂😂

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here