Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, this happened yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, this happened yesterday

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200912-224059_Classified Listings Mobile - for Classified ads.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	910628
    I finally decided on my own, with no prodding from SWMBO, that it might be time to rehome the Ranch. Since adding the 26" kettle, I am finding fewer situations where the Ranch was needed. I kind of hated to see it go, but the new owner can hopefully give it the regular use that it deserves. And I sold it for just a little less than I paid for it, so that makes me feel better about it.

Turning the page and eagerly awaiting the arrival of my new WSM 22.5" and Cajun Bandit door on Tuesday. ​​​ And I'm already feeling a strong urge to get the Cajun Bandit wheels and cylinder lock kit.

That Ranch kettle was in great shape and I'm sure it went to a good home.

Get personalized wooden handles for your WSM. I really like mine and they do add a personalized touch.
    https://www.virtualweberbullet.com/r...n-lid-handles/
    www.amlwoodart.com.

Comment

• Steve R.
      Steve R. commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! I have a neighbor who is about as passionate about woodworking as we all are about bbq. I will definitely check into this.

Why didn't you just turn it into a WSM??? Make the 26 WSM obsolete before it hits production and NO need for a 22.5

Comment

• Steve R.
      Steve R. commented
      Editing a comment
      Wife had already been on me about how much garage floor space the "spaceship" was taking up. I would have had to sleep in the WSM 37", especially if I doubled down by pointing out that it has the same footprint. 😄

Weber Kettles hold their value like used Wranglers... great when selling, bad when buying. I check CL every couple days, looking for a 26".

Nice sale!

Comment

Sounds like the only thing you'll likely miss are those legs.

Comment

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, steady as a rock and provided a nice flat vertical surface to stick the base unit of my Maverick XR-50. The 26er's legs wobble like a newborn foal's. Not to mention that the front one on mine seems a bit too long, to the point that the bowl doesn't sit level.
        Last edited by Steve R.; September 13, 2020, 03:25 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here