Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just filed a warranty claim over failed welds on my 26"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just filed a warranty claim over failed welds on my 26"

Both welds on the front handle attached to the fire bowl are rusted and one of the welds has already failed. This grill was purchased in August of 2017. Hopefully, Weber does me right. I suspect they will.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200819_134814.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	898757Click image for larger version

Name:	20200819_134748.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	898758
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200819_134804.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	898759

Good luck! Hopefully they will send you a new bowl.

Comment

yeah, that's definitely not ok. Hopefully they just send you a full new grill.

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        That would be nice.

Major bummer.

Comment

Agreed, you should get taken care of but best of luck!

Comment

Sorry to see this. I have faith Weber will make you whole. Question: do you cover the the grill? I cover the mine when rain is expected and certainly in winter. Long stretches of dry weather I leave uncovered.

Comment

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            The grill was covered for most of its life but it has been rained on since my kamado took its spot under the roof of the outdoor kitchen. I will probably be picking up a cover after this.

Warranty Information
          • Bowl & Lid (10 Year(s)), No burn through or rust through - 08-2027
          • Plastic components (5 Year(s)), Excludes fading and discoloration - 08-2022
          • One-Touch cleaning system (5 Year(s)), No burn through or rust through - 08-2022
          • All Remaining Parts (2 Year(s)) - 08-2019
          I'm a little worried that the rust isn't "rusted through".

Comment

• Steve R.
            Steve R. commented
            Editing a comment
            I'd say the handle practically falling off would count.

Sometimes a manufacturer with a long-standing good reputation will surprise you (in a good way) and give you the benefit of the doubt. Coleman did that for my broken canopy, even though I didn't hide the fact that it was mostly my fault.

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            Steve R. That's what I'm expecting. In fact, they just sent me a new top damper for this same grill. The rivet had rusted and the damper was super loose making it difficult to set the top vent. They told me that part wasn't actually under warranty anymore but they took care of me anyway. As soon as I installed the new dampers I moved the grill out into the yard to use it and the handle broke as I was wheeling it out.

The tack weld on one of the leg holders busted on mine and they sent me an entire new bowl and that was 4 years after I bought it.

Comment

Out of curiosity did you file online or did you call in?

Comment

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              Online so I could send photos.

Well, that was fast. They placed an order for a new fire bowl and handle. That's great customer service.
            Last edited by Attjack; August 20, 2020, 09:35 AM.

Comment

• Jfrosty27
              Jfrosty27 commented
              Editing a comment
              Comforting to know

Great news. Hooray for Weber's response and response time.

Kathryn

Comment

Since I have an Arteflame insert I could use the old fire bowl and create a dedicated Arteflame plancha. I guess the question would be where would I store it and how often would I use it? Since I have an EVO Grill I probably wouldn't use it very often.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here