Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I defeated MCS...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I defeated MCS...

Well, sorta. Let me explain. I have a BGE and a MIniMax along with a Gasser. They pretty much take up all the space available in my grilling hut. In addition, I have a Jumbo Joe with a SNS and a Vortex. In this pandemic I started craving a 22’ Weber, so I started writing down all the things I cooked on my various cookers. It became clear that I was grilling more now than doing low and slow or roasting. It gets pretty hot in Dallas, so I didn’t care for cooking in my grilling hut because of the distance to the house meant I couldn’t just step into the house to cool off for a minute. I had moved the Jumbo Joe to the little porch just off the dining room which made it nice to be able to step in and out of the house as needed. But, no matter how much I tried I couldn’t rationalize getting that 22” Weber.

Since August is the month that grills go on sale (I got my Jumbo Joe that way), I decided if I could find that Weber on sale I would buy it and figure out where to put it later. After trips to Walmart, Academy, Home Depot, and Lowes I had no such luck. So, I thought it would be good to have a 18” Weber Kettle and support my local hardware store at the same time. So, now for $89 I have a dedicated Jumbo Joe SNS and a dedicated 18” Weber Kettle Vortex.

Well, I am not sure whether it was really a MCS purchase or a pandemic purchase. In ‘05 I made a post hurricane Katrina purchase. Somehow making these kind of purchases makes things feel a little more normal. In any event my desire for that 22” kettle is gone.

Pretty sure MCS actually won this round. But at least you have a complete (for now) lineup.

Comment

• surfdog
      surfdog commented
      Editing a comment
      I was kinda thinkin’ the same...
      MCS wasn’t beaten so much as adjusted...which is not a bad thing.

I think it’s a good idea to "stop & look" now and then to take stock of the situation. Doing so I can sometimes put something CLEARLY into the want list and remove it from the NEED/MUST HAVE list. I do it a lot these days with camera gear... I’ll see a body or lens or whatever that I MUST HAVE...but upon reflection realize that I don’t NEED it that bad, if at all.

From my understanding there is a new vaccine for MCS but it involves wiring bitcoin to an address in Albania so in retrospect you did well in controlling your flareup.

Comment

Now that was a scientific approach to it all! Like the others say, not sure MCS was beat per se, but still. A for effort!

Comment

Valiant effort!! Where'd you find that Weber Kettle? I was going to start looking for them on sale.

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
          LA Pork Butt commented
          Editing a comment
          That 18” wasn’t on sale. I bought it at the going price to support my local hardware store. If I were going to make a run at a sale, my local Target had a half dozen still boxed, but weren’t on sale as of this past Saturday.

• BFlynn
          BFlynn commented
          Editing a comment
          Damnit! Oh well.... I'm going to keep looking. If you see any in Dallas let me know. Either I, or my wife, get that way about every other week.

Resistance is futile...

Comment

Two words: for now

Comment

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            ..., ..., ...!

Everyone needs at least one Weber 22" and a ..., ..., ...!

Comment

Nice job, fer th Now, Brother!

Reckon th proper applicable Medical term is "Remission", though...

Love me my lil 18.5"er, fer certain cooks!
            Last edited by Mr. Bones; August 14, 2020, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Yeah, I would skip the Weber 22" kettle with all you have too. Absolutely no need.

What you HAVE to HAVE is the 26".

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
                LA Pork Butt commented
                Editing a comment
                You are of absolutely no help in this battle. LOL I don’t need any help coming up with ideas.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here