Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 26 continues to deteriorate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 26 continues to deteriorate

I had some rust on the top vent rivet and the damper was too loose. I filed a claim and Weber said the damper wasn't under warranty anymore but the still sent me a new damper. I drilled out the rivet and installed the new damper and today I was going to use it for the first time. But as I was moving it to where I wanted to cook the weld on the handle broke. There's rust on both welds. Looks like I'll be filing another claim. Did I get a lemon?
    Last edited by Attjack; August 8, 2020, 08:17 PM.

I know we have discussed this recently,.. a bit. How old?

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Purchased on August 24, 2017.

Damper was cheaper then a new lid. They owe you a lid.

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, on the bowl.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Jus found my bowl, a bit earlier... it was out on one my kettles.

All I got, fer now.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Laugh all yall want, but gots me some pics; SO it musta happened. lol

What's th Date Code, Brother?

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      I did register so I'll check...

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      It's a "CA" so I guess that would be 2017.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, looks to be a '17...

Bit outta my area of Expertise, so sorry; I only gots me one that new, with alla th other gobbletygook in th Ser. No.

Have you tried filing a Claim at Bonsey R Russ?
    Maybe they have a boneyard.
    Mr. Bones

I’m terrible at filing warranties. I think I managed on the Primo....

now I feel the sudden need to check my kettles.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Nyuck, Nyuck! Love Ya, ya Big Lug!

Good luck getting through to them to someone who is truly helpful. It's a crapshoot nowadays what with reduced staffing due to Covid.

Kathryn

Comment

My 26 is from the 80's both handles vacated years ago,should I file a claim?...

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        If they are still under warranty. Not sure if it's a 40 year though.

Originally posted by fzxdoc View Post
      Good luck getting through to them to someone who is truly helpful. It's a crapshoot nowadays what with reduced staffing due to Covid.

Kathryn
      Agreed. I have written them twice on something. Never heard anything back.

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        I had the same experience. But they did get back to me eventually and apologized for the delay and said it was because of the pandemic which is understandable. However, I don't see why their automated response can't be set to say there will be delays under the circumstances.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here