Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smokey Joe Premium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smokey Joe Premium

I am looking at the Weber Smokey Joe 18 Premium. $70 at Amazon. Looking for something I could fire up for quick cooks not having to load up a full cimminey. So a couple of questions;
    is $70 a good price?
    is the unit efficient to cook a few burgers, dogs or steak? Hot and fast no long cooks.
    any opinions on this or other takes appreciated.

Thanks

U talking about the Jumbo Joe 18” dia. ?
    If so,,,buy it.
    luv the one I have and use it as much as my Weber performer

Comment

Originally posted by Greygoose View Post
      U talking about the Jumbo Joe 18” dia. ?
      If so,,,buy it.
      luv the one I have and use it as much as my Weber performer
      Get the SnS for it also,,,,makes it so much more versatile

Comment

Are ya talkin th tabletop Jumbo Joe, or th one with kettle legs? I can give ya more definitive answer, armed with that knowledge
        I have five Smokey Joes, 1 Jumbo....
        Great cookers, btw.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Certainly, they are very efficient fer quick fast cooks, lil bit o charcoal, in answer to yer query...that's likely where they shine th most, an hold a spot right up next to my heart.
          Hope this helps, some...

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Here's a place to start, hit me up anytime, pm, or online either, if I might be of any kinda assistance, Brother...

• RichieB
          RichieB commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, table top 18" is what I'm looking at.

I love my Joey. Look around though, I got mine on clearance at Lowe’s for $30. I think someone else recently got one for $20.

If you find one that cheap, buy two !!

Comment

I have the Jumbo Joe with the SlowNSear and a Vortex and use it for quick cooks or 30-20-10 wings. Weber’s don’t go on sale very often and when they do it is usually at the end of the season. Their price is pretty standard from store to store, so $70:seems reasonable. I bought mine 5 years ago at the end of the season.

The question you need to answer for yourself is how many people will you be cooking for. Mostly it is just my wife and me, but it can handle cooking for 4 and 6 would be a stretch.

Comment

• RichieB
            RichieB commented
            Editing a comment
            Me and my wife. Looking for something for quick cooks. I have medium vortex and SnS for 22" kettle.

• LA Pork Butt
            LA Pork Butt commented
            Editing a comment
            RichieB I would think you could accomplish that with with your current set up dumping some hot coals in the vortex wide side up, or banking 3/4 chimney on one side, or getting the SlowNSear for the 18” kettle ($39). But, I would try the 1st two options first. I think I am sensing that you have a mild case of MCS.

• Jfrosty27
            Jfrosty27 commented
            Editing a comment
            Great tip to use the vortex wide side up! Why didn’t I think of that? Duh. You just save me some garage space. 🤣

The Jumbo Joe is currently $69.99 on Weber's web site with free shipping.

Comment

Well, chit. Smokey Joe Premium + soft sided carrying case will arrive Monday, solely because I clicked on this thread.

I really did need something much smaller than the 26" for weekday dinners, tbh.
            Last edited by Steve R.; July 11, 2020, 01:30 AM.

Comment

• Greygoose
              Greygoose commented
              Editing a comment
              MCS !!!

• Steve R.
              Steve R. commented
              Editing a comment
              The struggle is real Greygoose. 😂

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh, me Boyo! Yer gonna Love that lil cooker...they are so incredibly versatile, under capable hands.
              Learn it. Love it. Live it. ;D
              Couple handfullsa briqs, few sm pcs. wood, few burgers, brats yardbird later, lemon squeezy.
              Even on a po man's pay.
              Play th vents like ya would sail a wind-powered vessel.

Just purchased arrives tommrow. MCS wins again!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200711_154309.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	879005

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
              LA Pork Butt commented
              Editing a comment
              Just as I suspected a case of MCS. What a pleasant ailment and so easy to get a temporary cure.

Here are a couple of mods I put on mine.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	A0A4C261-EC81-4670-9EAC-F7D94332E945.jpeg
Views:	168
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	879047

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here