Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update about my Weber warranty claim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update about my Weber warranty claim

I mentioned that they had ignored my claim and my follow up so I thought I should post an update since they have now contacted me. They apologized for the delay citing the pandemic which is understandable (although I would have thought they could have changed their auto-response to say there may be delays in response due to the pandemic).

They also told me the rusted rivet on the damper for my 26" lid was not actually under warranty anymore like the lid itself is. But they said they are sending me a new damper free of charge which is acceptable to me. I care less about the rust than the fact that the damper is so loose and I can't open and close the lid without the damper changing position. I believe the damper may arrive today so all is well with me and Weber.
    Last edited by Attjack; July 3, 2020, 02:20 PM.

Glad it ended well. They are a good company or so it seems.

Comment

Good to see they are getting back up to speed...

Comment

Cool so no further venting needed.

Comment

• SmokingSteve
          SmokingSteve commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you intend to "pun"ish us like that? Or were you just lucky? (Nice pun)!

It is always nice when there is a good ending to the story.

Comment

And it didn’t dampen yer spirits! 🕶

Comment

My 26's damper is loose too, I never thought to ask for a new one. My 22's is quite snug.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here