Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Birthday to me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Birthday to me!

IMG_1054.JPG

So today I received a gift from the BBQ gods. I was pulling back into my subdivision coming home from physical therapy. Today is recycling pickup in our neighborhood, and I saw a Weber kettle sitting on the curb with a little cardboard sign. Looking back in the rear-view mirror, I saw it said "free"! I have now added a Weber Master Touch to the stable, in lightly used condition. Looks like the Smokey Joe gets a well deserved break from sear-duty. Aside from the SNS, any other must-haves I should be looking at?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Captain Hughes; June 24, 2020, 02:29 PM. Reason: "Cuz "pics or it didn't happen!"

Congrats! When needed a SS cooking grate. I use a couple of those big binder clips to help seal the lid for low n slow.

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Wait! No pictures, never happened! Show us your "new" cooker!

Some guys have all the luck...….
    πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

Comment

A Vortex will make killer wings.

Comment

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        3rd this

• Andrrr
        Andrrr commented
        Editing a comment
        4th. And I don't care if it's a one trick pony cuz that pony does that trick better than anything else I've ever used.

• Thunder77
        Thunder77 commented
        Editing a comment
        +1000! Vortex is a pretty inexpensive accessory, and once you try it, you will love it.

Nice!!! None of my neighbors give away anything but old mattresses.

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        Aaaand how long will they burn without adding another mattress??

Happy birthday.

Comment

What a find!!

Comment

I put a piece of gasket from my BGE on my Kettle cover to seal it up. Happy Birthday!

Comment

Your lucky day!

Comment

Had the same chance last week. Saw a free Weber kettle on the side of the road and told my son that we needed to check it out on the way back from our storage space. Unfortunately (but fortunately for someone else), it was gone.

Comment

Happy for your good fortune! But why can't that happen to me? I would move next door to someone if I thought they were going to throw out a nice cooker like that just to get first dibs.

Comment

• HawkerXP
                  HawkerXP commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Move next door to me. I have a slightly used 2001 Performer for you.

• hoovarmin
                  hoovarmin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  HawkerXP would you happen to have a Lang? Just wondering

• HawkerXP
                  HawkerXP commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I no some Slang if that b somethin u b interested in. out.

Happy bday!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here