Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cant believe im doing this...but i think its time for the kettle to go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree about giving it to someone. I just have our extra kettle to a neighbor. I said the only thing was that they had to use it!

Comment

I use my PK most of the time, but I still have an old Weber brownie (1980) that I still use on occasion with a Vortex. Would not think of passing it on. But that’s me. It’s like holding onto an old favorite tool....ah now I’m getting sentimental

Comment

Now, just look at what you have done.

Go to your room young man!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          HeeHee!!!

Sad but a man does what a man does if he feels he needs to 😊

Comment

If you don't give the whole thing away, I know people are out there looking for the lids to make a UDS.

Comment

Blocked. (I kid)

Comment

We all love the kettle, but I put mine in the shed when I got my PKTX a month ago. I find that temp control on the PK is much better and reverse searing is a breeze

Comment

I just gave my extra Kettle Performer to a friend of my son's who is training to be a firefighter about 3 weeks ago. He's cooked on it nearly every day since. I was only using it for table space and lighting chimneys and thought I'd miss it, but knowing that kid loves it like he does has made me feel fantastic. That said, I still have one, and it ain't goin nowhere.

Comment

I like the idea of giving it to a good home. You get the extra space and the feel-good vibes, and they get something that they may not have been able to afford.

Kathryn

Comment

I agree with several others here.....clean it all up and find it a good home. Weber Kettles are relatively inexpensive and you can find the 22" size pretty easy...so if you ever find yourself in need of one i'm sure you can get it pretty quick.

Comment

I'm in the camp that says let it go.

The PK is a kettle alternative, so if you don't use the Weber and you are completely satisfied and getting more enjoyment from the PK, let it go.

Someone else will enjoy your kettle should you pass it forward. That's part of being a pitmaster.

Comment

Sooo? What happened?

Comment

• grantgallagher
                          grantgallagher commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Im in the process of giving it a good clean then its being gifted to a neighbors kid.

Yup, sometimes ya gotta cook with what ya cook with. If ya ain’t cookin on it, well, it was nice while we knew ya.

Comment

grantgallagher - Depending on what you're looking for, I could be interested in taking it off of your hands. I've never owned a kettle and being on here has me interested in changing that. I'm reasonably local to you and could arrange to pick it up.

Comment

• grantgallagher
                            grantgallagher commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Dewesq55 normally id just give it to you but as i mentioned above, ive already agreed to give to a neighbors kid who is looking to get into grilling

• Dewesq55
                            Dewesq55 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Sorry, I missed that part. That's good of you. No worries

Have you bumped your head?

Comment

• grantgallagher
                            grantgallagher commented
                            Editing a comment
                            many times but i think its an even number so ever time ive knocked my self out of sorts ive knocked myself back in

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here