Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cant believe im doing this...but i think its time for the kettle to go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant believe im doing this...but i think its time for the kettle to go

I havent used it since i got the PKO outside of vortex wings but recently ive been doing those in the PK as well. Kettle has sat for almost a year while i cooked 98% on the PKO. Never thought i would see the day.

Madness!

Comment

Blasphemy!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'm not going to try to talk you off the ledge, but I wouldn't do it.

Comment

PKO = PK Original?

Comment

other than not using it recently, is there a reason to get rid of it? I think that as soon as you do you’re going to wish you had it again.

Comment

• grantgallagher
            grantgallagher commented
            Editing a comment
            its just taking up space. thats the main reason. ive been cleaning the hell out of the yard and the PK would fit nicely where the kettle is just now

• ecowper
            ecowper commented
            Editing a comment
            grantgallagher oh, gotcha. Well, if you can let the old friend go ....

• Jfrosty27
            Jfrosty27 commented
            Editing a comment
            +1. Don’t do it.

Hate to say it I have been running down that same path. I have had a kettle in the herd since 79. Seen heavy use up until about 8 years ago when my daughter bought me a PK. The kettle has been pretty much a hangar queen since.
          I also have the rotis ring for the kettle which is one of the reasons I don't want to let it go.
          You folks around here always talk about MCS. I think a corollary of that afliction is n + 1 and thats the reason I have kept one of the most versatile and reliable cookers around.

Comment

Don't trash it! Pass it on to that young couple down the block. Right Mr. Bones

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Yup, if it's gotta go, find good foster parents, so it can live a happy an productive life, an feel fulfilled, once again.

• HawkerXP
              HawkerXP commented
              Editing a comment
              I did a little shifting of parts today Mr. Bones more to come on that.

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Standin by with bated breath, HawkerXP Brother!

My kettles and even my kamado have been under-utlized in the last 6-8 mo as well.

Comment

• Nate
              Nate commented
              Editing a comment
              Your Silverbac taking over?

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Nate Sorta- between it for extreme convenience and the MB560 for testing and flavor and convenience, the others are patiently waiting for me to get back to them.

Switched to pks also. Gave away/sold the kettles.

Comment

For cripes sake

Comment

I sold my old Akron yesterday and today I am thinking I could live without my Traeger as well. Space is a factor for me and I always figure I could buy another if I thought I needed one. It is too soon to be sure but I think I will be happy with the just the Primo and the Napoleon gas grill. If a stick burner followed me home some day in the future that would be OK too

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Lol. Once them stickburners get yer scent, they'll follow ya all th way to yer very grave...

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ROFLMAO I miss Mr Bill...
                  Thanks, Brother!

I would never give up a kettle. Been using one since the 70's. Been using it to make bacon to searing steaks, to cold smoking cheese. My newest one is 6 years old.

Comment

I'm a big fan of Weber kettles, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. If you change your mind later, you can easily find one just like the one you sold.

Comment

• ecowper
                    ecowper commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This is a good point. YOu could get a brand new Premium Kettle and a SnS Delux for under $300

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here