Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weber Performer from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weber Performer from?

Click image for larger version

Name:	0B294505-3054-4A83-AADC-6212F6146FB0.jpeg
Views:	529
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	861825Click image for larger version

Name:	42F86F3D-DE6E-47F8-96D3-68F47E2FBA74.jpeg
Views:	599
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	861824 I rescued this one from ending up in the garbage truck. I’ve owned 3 different versions of these and never have I seen one like this. Ok, I know to look for the code on lid vent. Code DA means manufactured in 2001 according to the Weber Kettle Club. This makes it the oldest Performer I’ve ever had. But as you see it’s missing things all other Performers of this style have. Not all have the gas assist. Not all have a timer. But all I’ve seen have side panels, a thermometer and charcoal storage bin.
    Anyone know anything about this model?

Nice find.

Comment

• painter
      painter commented
      Editing a comment
      +1

It’s a 1st generation one-touch platinum. I found one on CL about a year ago.

Weber made them from 2000 to 2004, then quit for a while, then used the same name for a different design for a few years.

I had to hunt pretty hard to find info on them when I bought mine.
    Attached Files

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      A long lost brother! Yours looks in great shape. This one is rusted out in the bowl at the leg attach points.

• Brian_M
      Brian_M commented
      Editing a comment
      Little Brother. It’s an 18 inch.

There just happens to be a 22 inch just like it on CL not too far from here. I mentioned it at breakfast this morning, and got The Look...

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      I saw another, a 22" on Craigslist today also. Had a homemade table. $50.

Yep. A pretty old one. You can still get it on Amazon though. Oh wait...

This was a great grill back in the day. I had one, then got a 2007 model. Funny to read the reviews on Amazon too.

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, the one on Amazon is 18" this is the standard 22".

Yep that is the most basic Performer that they introduced. I am surprised that it has the plastic handle on the top vent. Just a very basic Performer as an introduction to what was to come.

Comment

"Weber performer from?".... I guess the sidewalk if you rescued it from the garbage truck.

Comment

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        I apparently talk about and or show to many BBQ pictures. Friend saw where this guy was headed and stopped it for me.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DD497620-4950-4684-93C6-2A31ADEA4471.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.67 MB ID:	862223Click image for larger version  Name:	C421CE83-CD6C-4264-BF62-3C629D46B730.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.26 MB ID:	8622187D669E74-13DC-4267-B199-11EB5C432774.jpeg

So. What do I do with this one?

I have two Performers, one standard 22 and a Smokey Joe.

Fix up by sacrificing my old (first weber) wood handle 3 holer? Or break down for parts?
      Last edited by HawkerXP; June 14, 2020, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        All good ideas...

Or, mebbe fix it up, gift it to a family member, or friend, to help them launch their BBQ experience?
        That's often what I do...

Click image for larger version  Name:	EA46BD68-412C-42BE-958D-54C86EEF3FE9.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.69 MB ID:	863158 After getting kicked in the pants by Mr. Bones above with a "why didn't I think of that!" moment. I remembered I had a new performer blue bowl and lid in my basement. I got these from Weber under warranty awhile back when my brick red performer had developed serous rust around the lid handle at +9 years old. Weber doesn't make brick red anymore so they offered me a choice of black, green or blue and since it wouldn't match my bowl they sent both lid and bowl with a new handle and thermometer. How about that for customer service! Me being who I am, put the new parts in the basement, cleaned the rust up and carried on. Now that I was awakened, I broke out the blue parts, installed them on my black performer frame. Installed my good black bowl onto the rescued frame. I need to get some new bolts for the bowl, figure a way to put a repair on that table crack and give it a good cleaning. Think I'll offer it to a guy that works at the hangar who is always interested in what I'm cooking, or at least pretends.

Last edited by HawkerXP; June 15, 2020, 12:42 PM.

Comment

"You remembered you had a blue one in yer basement"!?!?! Does yer fam still want you even though yer losin it?
        Nice find BTW.

Comment

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          I had it for over a year. We bought another house. Then this corona crap hits. All this means diddley. Yes, it appears my fam damily will let me stay as long as I can cook wibs!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here