Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weber Kettle Lid Vent Handle Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weber Kettle Lid Vent Handle Mod

Has anybody modded their little metal handle on their Weber Kettle lid vent handle. I just got a new Premium Kettle for my outside grilling station I'm building and I am looking for a way to modify the lid vent handle so it is easier to adjust and so I do not need to grab onto a hot piece of metal when I need to adjust it.

Thanks for any suggestions

Steve

I have plastic handles on mine so don't have your problem. On an older kettle I had I drilled a hole in the adjustment tab and mounted a bolt with a couple of nuts to hold it firmly to the tab. It stayed fairly cool and could easily adjust the vent that way.

Comment

Someone out there makes a handle where you drill a small hole through your vent tab and bolt it on that way. I prefer the factory look myself so I would simply buy a replacement vent with the rubber tab and swap it out. I'd have to think they are interchangable but may want to double-check. I'm sure you can find it somewhere else cheaper but this is what I'm referring to.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	8B4D84A2-39EB-4E9B-9414-50491D6145A2.jpeg
Views:	1596
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	855994

Comment

I think Attjack has done something like this.

Comment

I added some handles to my Jumbo Joe along with some other mods.

Name:	20180809_121217.jpg
Views:	1463
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	856031

Name:	20180809_200736.jpg
Views:	1462
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	856030

Comment

Here's a closeup. That black sleeve was from inside a doggy bag roll. It seemed like a good idea until it melted.

Name:	Fni9CvQoy84SMjy4rPM-GMYVflHjsuulY0TTF1hhw2__edoV2ojuRyrZRYUUQ2bG6LS6Fq_MAEHjkSM5k15JutwoCISLm7IPQ2YFVTOoAa1mz0G8ush93tRvYKqHeOOMFaJlqmic-bfui2QQ5l-c9qz6a1LrbPJcrw_awlb4QvFoOARsVkxfxGkXP02tsBqme5Er9A9vkTwrNMVwaoZXaychT3NYvfAup6PFEfSZvn9SkPO2MW2vVgVRytWlY-U
Views:	1385
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	856036

Comment

• Andrrr
                Andrrr commented
                Editing a comment
                Attjack Do you remember where you got the knob from?

Yeah, I got them from Ace in the hardware section. They had various sizes in those little plastic drawers. Here's my Cabin Smokey Joe. I plan to install latches for the lid next. @Andrrr

Name:	PSX_20200719_081259.jpg
Views:	1320
Size:	177.8 KB
ID:	883034
              Last edited by Attjack; July 19, 2020, 09:14 AM.

Comment

• Andrrr
                Andrrr commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks a lot, I'll go take a look.

https://www.grillparts.com/weber/web...oduct_id=63070

Comment

I use a wine cork. Just slice it so it fits and I glued it on with crazy glue gel. I'd take a pic but it's storming bullets right now. Every once in a while it falls off. But believe me there is no shortage of wine corks in my house.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here