Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clean my Weber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clean my Weber

Last edited by Usernamevalid; July 16, 2015, 08:23 PM.

Oven cleaner is the way to go. I know CandySueQ uses it to good effect.

Comment

After the oven cleaner, wash thoroughly, and then what? Run a load of charcoal through it? Should it be re-seasoned with a fatty meat? I'm getting a build up on mine and think I need a really thorough clean out.

Comment

or you can go high tech... www.spongejet.com

(probably easier to use oven cleaner, but I've always prefered to media blast metal to clean without destroying it)

Comment

• Usernamevalid
          Usernamevalid commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't want to remove the finish, just the crud!

Oven cleaner or ammonia to clean. Both work well.

I have been know to collect old kettles and find it hard to beat ammonia on the really old ick that built up in there. Not to mention its about as affordable and anything. Much easier to deal with as well IMHO

A good rinse then a clean out burn. I dont find the need to season a kettle much.

Comment

Thanks PB and Jon. Will try the ammonia first, just because. Not sure it'll eat through this stuff though. It isn't as greasy as it is crusty.

Heeeyyyyy....maybe it'd help if I mix it with bleach!

Comment

• Steve Vojtek
            Steve Vojtek commented
            Editing a comment
            Nooooo don't do that - one at a time...

Comment

• richinlbrg
            richinlbrg commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, THAT just got you on a watch list!

Comment

PLS do yourself a favour and do not mix any chemicals unless you really know them well . In one of my previous jobs i underwent 'fire training'. They taught us that mixing certain household chemicals can cause fire or spontaneous combustion.. just be careful use only one at a time and rinse very well....

Comment

Comment

• Steve Vojtek
                Steve Vojtek commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm glad you know all that - i'm not familiar with chemicals that much just know to be careful with 'em - i'm more of a metallurgy guy... Just don't want anyone to get hurt that's all . And i have great respect for firefighters and medical first responder's - they save lifes... i'm always about safety first that's just me - let us know how it turned out - maybe i'll need to give my kettle a thorough clean one day...

• Usernamevalid
                Usernamevalid commented
                Editing a comment
                I was thinking about this after I posted, and it ocurred to me that the danger of mixing bleach and ammonia is one of those things you really need to know, but with all of the new cleaning products out these days hardly anyone uses ammonia anymore. So, this tidbit of knowledge is falling by the wayside. Interesting.

Last edited by Usernamevalid; July 16, 2015, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Jon is a hero to many

Comment

Jon Solberg is my hero too even tho he likes to play on ice 😊

Comment

• richinlbrg
                    richinlbrg commented
                    Editing a comment
                    He's my hero BECAUSE he plays on ice!

One of my co-workers found an old kettle by the curb and brought it to work. $64 to Amazon and 2 days later we have a new one touch system, hinged grate, Briquette holders and chimney starter. Tomorrow is the maiden voyage!

Comment

Originally posted by jayn View Post
                    One of my co-workers found an old kettle by the curb and brought it to work. $64 to Amazon and 2 days later we have a new one touch system, hinged grate, Briquette holders and chimney starter. Tomorrow is the maiden voyage!

Very cool. Be sure to check out the SnS to make that puppy really hum.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here