Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rescued this one from the scrap heap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rescued this one from the scrap heap

Saw this on FB Marketplace. Guy said it was heading to the dump on Sunday so I saved it an awful death

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200528_195518.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	222.1 KB
ID:	853451

Nice Plum SSP in great shape overall. Needs a bath and a bit of scrubbing but not bad for free.

Very nice catch, an havin that table is always a good, an very handy thing!
    Congrats!

Comment

• tenphases
      tenphases commented
      Editing a comment
      Great find!! I love FB CL treasures!!!

Whoa! Nice one!

Comment

Nice! I've never seen that color before. Can't wait to see it cleaned up and smokin!

Comment

See what you've done! https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/...132248978.html

I must resist, I must resist. This is about $400 off anyone in Northern VA or DC?

Comment

GREAT find! Not only did you save that grill an awful death, you saved that guy from being the idiot who sent it to the dump.

Comment

Score!!!!
            Too bad around here it would be at the curb in front of my house shortly after I brought it home.

Comment

• JoeSousa
              JoeSousa commented
              Editing a comment
              It would be or you would be?

• smokin fool
              smokin fool commented
              Editing a comment
              I'd be in the ash catcher

You kidding me? That thing is still in great shape. Nice find brother!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Nice find!

Comment

Love finding freebies. Nice grab.

Comment

That's Awesome!!

Comment

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Comment

I've got a friend here that managed to score a free Performer Deluxe, and a couple of kettles, but I never find those type of free deals.... I was lucky to get mine for $100, with a set of Grillgrates, cover and a hose for connecting to 20# propane tanks.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                            Mr. Bones commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Still quite th Score, Brother!

• jfmorris
                            jfmorris commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yes it was Mr. Bones - my buddy only got rid of it as his wife told him there was a 5 cooker limit on their patio, and he had a Yoder YS640 scheduled to be delivered via freight the next week... so he re-homed the Performer at a fair price.

• Mr. Bones
                            Mr. Bones commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Chilled Legimes, Brother! I unnerstand his dilemna...
                            I ain't hankerin fer no pellet cooker, but if somebody was to gift me a YS640, an I hadda lose 1 my 22.5" Weber to make room, well, then, reckon I'd try it out, see what I thought. Can always find another kettle, ime.
                            There's also a reason I have never sought after another wife, even after ~35 years...
                            Last edited by Mr. Bones; June 1, 2020, 07:15 AM.

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here