Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replace weber top vent hardware?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replace weber top vent hardware?

My top vent has become extremely loose and the attachment hardware is rusted. Should I try contacting Weber or just drill it out myself and install stainless hardware?

Do it yourself with SS hardware...IMO.

Comment

I hear contacting Weber can go one of two ways. Either they are super helpful, or give the worst customer service experience of your life. I'd DIY.

Comment

It doesn't hurt to contact them then go from there.

Kathryn

Comment

If its under 10 years old you could end up with a new lid!

Comment

• jfmorris
            jfmorris commented
            Editing a comment
            This is what I am thinking they will do if it is within the 10 year warranty. Pretty sure Attjack is talking about his 26" kettle too, which I'll bet isn't that old.
            Last edited by jfmorris; May 12, 2020, 07:37 AM.

Yes, this is my 26" kettle that I purchased in 2017. I registered the purchase with Weber too. Sounds like I should go ahead and contact them and then go from there.

Comment

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            I did it for my brick red performer. Rusting around handle. Don't have brick red anymore so gave me choice of in production color lid and bowl. Sweet!

Attjack I think you'd be good at contacting them. They recently sent me a completely new fire bowl for my 26 because the handle came loose at the weld. I never registered it either. The CSR asked for the serial number on the unit and registered it for me then proceeded with the claim. Only thing I had to do was email her a picture of the faulty weld. New bowl on my doorstep within 7 days. Cost to me was $0.

Comment

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice. The extra lid could come in handy. A new fire bowl sound even better though!

You guys were right the lid is covered for 10 years. I just submitted a claim.

Click image for larger version

Name:	RoaSWa4tmfvUDY-3TTcpewUvHm6Ijjn_R9amgNHimbwgnRe3hjE81diWtfplLet5rzkj2_dYttN5E2yBropJhwdTv-EihELzKSzjUzV_A14gtEiScdkCSJhgT3m5Zb_NwYTaIKeDmpLPGaLg0jK8Pj7rp2h7u_m7X2A7mvoEDZhzruGiQ0kDQ8BmDXGLLd8vIpVa8RhCj8BBQ439t1OKuN5u4dOo9SKF0qbcei-9qky0DaHJsCiZvAh66pCPyKB
Views:	230
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	844948

Comment

I got a new lid when mine started leaking badly. It was only 2 years old. So make sure you register and keep track of how old your grill is.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here