Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bricks to raise charcoal in kettle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DWCowles
    replied
    They will do but next time you're around a hardware store you may want to pick up some fire bricks.

Leave a comment:

• _John_
    replied
    Those are made for being outside and around fire, so there shouldn't be any chemicals that can cause problems. Though it isn't common, it is possible for a cold, wet brick to explode when taken to high heat quickly. This isn't a grenade explosion, more like a larger version of pouring water over ice and it cracks.

Leave a comment:

• LSUBBQFan
    started a topic Bricks to raise charcoal in kettle

Bricks to raise charcoal in kettle

I'm ready to try using bricks in my 22" weber kettle to achieve the high heat sear in the rear on steaks. Disappointed that I didn't have any laying around I picked up a few at Home Depot.

I'm curious though -- are any bricks okay to cook with? Or do some contain dyes or other materials that you wouldn't want in your food? The ones I bought are called "Rumble Stones" and I think are marketed for landscape primarily. I have no idea what they're made of but would guess a concrete based mixture.

Thanks

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here