Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auber, Slow-n-Sear & Grommet on Weber Kettle. OUTSTANDING Update!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auber, Slow-n-Sear & Grommet on Weber Kettle. OUTSTANDING Update!!!

1" hole, fits nicely. Neither of the paddles come in contact with the spring arms. I will feed my Auber sensor through the vents since the alligator clip is ON that dude. No biggee, I can remove it when the cook is over and leave my Maverick probes through the grommet. Grommet took a 5/16" hole.

Test run tomorrow on a 1.5" thick on sale ribeye. Be using my plate system to compliment the SnS. I feel it will allow the Auber to run more efficiently. Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010020.JPG
Views:	177
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	83019 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010019.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	182.7 KB
ID:	83020 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010021.JPG
Views:	186
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	83021
    Last edited by Jerod Broussard; May 16, 2015, 04:08 PM.

I cannot believe you drilled a hole in that new kettle 😁

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      That thing ain't new, it's all black on the inside.

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL...Like David Parrish said...pics please

I'm definitely interested to hear how this turns out. Pics!

Comment

Can't beat Cajun ingenuity. I really think Cajun ingenuity should be a trade school course.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Editing a comment
        One part "ingenuity," 99 part "want to sleep while I cook on this thing."

Jerod Broussard ,

I am wanting to put some holes in my smoker for temp probes. What Grommets are you using and where are you getting them?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Editing a comment
        I got extras, pm me your mailing info.

got mine from Grainger on line. High temp silicon. They have many sizes. About 6 bucks for the grommets and 8 for shipping.

Comment

Crazy Ridiculous how well this worked out. This Auber SYL-1615 is made for the Weber Kettle and Slow-n-Sear. I took the temp up to about 180 (225 target) with 13 lit briquettes, then closed the bottom and let the fan take over. That dude took it to 224-227 the entire time left undisturbed. When I cooled it off to check the steaks, it over-shot to about 232. Then came back down to 225 and got STUCK there. Pretty bad little dude.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010034.JPG
Views:	161
Size:	159.9 KB
ID:	83155 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010032.JPG
Views:	169
Size:	185.9 KB
ID:	83156 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010026.JPG
Views:	181
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	83157 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010031.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	155.8 KB
ID:	83159 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010028.JPG
Views:	176
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	83160 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010033.JPG
Views:	168
Size:	163.3 KB
ID:	83161
        Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010024.JPG
Views:	175
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	83347
        Last edited by Jerod Broussard; May 17, 2015, 12:43 PM.

Comment

I got to find me a steak house. I can't take it any longer...I AM STARVING! THANKS Jerod Broussard

Comment

• Jon Solberg
            Jon Solberg commented
            Editing a comment
            Dude, you need a smoky joe and 10 lbs of kingsford in the side box. just sayin

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            Jon Solberg I used to carry a grill and instant lit charcoal and when I knew that I would have to stop I would swing by Wally World and pick up a couple of steaks. Just don't have time anymore

Very nice, I'm looking forward to getting my hands on an SNS. The Auber is rock solid. My last cook it stayed around 249-250 for 5 hours straight.

Jerod, did you consider ordering the WSM grommet? I assume it can be bought as a standalone replacement part from Weber.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Editing a comment
            No, I never thought about it since I have no experience with the WSM's. Modding a COS, I had plenty experience ordering accessories from various online companies.

Where can I buy the grommets? I definitely need to make that modification.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Editing a comment
            Grainger.

• David Parrish
            David Parrish commented
            Editing a comment
            Link me to the specific part?

• CRO
            CRO commented
            Editing a comment
            Boss & Jerod,
            I'm thinking about drilling a hole for temp probes. Can you please post a link or part specs for the gromments. How large of a hole and should I drill just one to fit two wires in?
            Thanks

Did the metal on the indirect side of your weber come with the slow and sear or did you make it?

Comment

• David Parrish
            David Parrish commented
            Editing a comment
            For more info on the Slow 'N Sear check out our website: http://www.abcbarbecue.com/

• Jerod Broussard
            Editing a comment
            I made those plates. I wanted efficient transfer of air from my fan to the coals. Got a layer of RTV silicone to retain any drippings to keep the pit clean.

I'm tempted to put a hole in my PBC on the opposite side of the vent. That way I won't have to adjust anything when 4 briskets start evaporative cooling and cool off the cooker.

Comment

Seems alot like my smokenator?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
              Editing a comment
              It is an upgrade. Longer burn time, built in water reservoir.

I just picked up a 22 weber on the curb of a neighbor,just missing the coal grate. I need the coal grate to sit the SnS on right?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, plus something needs to stop those briquettes from hitting the bottom of the pit.

Nice catch, the pit, not your avatar.

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes. The SnS is open-bottomed for ventilation so the grate is needed. They're about $11 on Amazon.

Jerod, What size Auber ,the 6.5,10 or 20?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
              Editing a comment
              Some report having a hard time keeping it under 250 with the larger fans on something that small.

• Powersmoke_80
              Powersmoke_80 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, wasn't sure if controller was same and only fan size was different.

• Jerod Broussard
              Editing a comment
              Don't be afraid to email them with any questions.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here