Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Billows and Weber Kettles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Billows and Weber Kettles

I purchased a Billows and the Smoke X4. with the hopes of installing the Billows on my new 26 Kettle. If you have a fan for your Kettle, 22 or 26, where do you drill the whole? I also purchased one of those graduated drill bits. I assume I just drill it to the same size of the vent holes? I also purchased a few of those rubber grommets to put in the side to run my leads through.. Thank you in advance.

I have the Pit Viper fan but i expect the design is similar. I would put the hole above the level of the ash sweepers but below the charcoal grate. Might be easiest to drill your pilot hole from inside the kettle. A center punch helps to start the hole if you have one so the drill does not slide. Then use your step bit to slowly drill from outside in till you get the hole size you need. I put mine on the opposite side to my slow n sear.
    Last edited by jgreen; April 11, 2020, 01:29 PM.

Comment

I post this in an attempt to help our newbies (to which I once was a short time ago) not feel so overwhelmed on the topic of selecting a cooker that is right for them. There are a lot of “looking for advice on a cooker” posts from newbies and seasoned vets looking to expand their arsenal. Obviously, the choices and opinions

Comment

ANother question if I can. When you take the Billows off of the grill, what type of plug do you put in that hole?

Comment

• amalik
          amalik commented
          Editing a comment
          Once you put that hole in there, it’s probably not a good idea to intend to not use a temp control fan. No looking back after the hole.

I suppose you could disable the fan and go back to vents if you wanted to.

I just leave my fan on the grill or stuff a piece of foil in the hole to plug it up.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here