Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Weber Change the Size of Their Kettles???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Weber Change the Size of Their Kettles???

I was just at the hardware store picking up a OTG 22.5" for my Mother-in-Law for Mom's Day and the size was listed as 22". Ditto for the 18.5" and the 26.75" - listed as 18" and 26". I made the purchase thinking that if they actually did change the size it would have been HUGE news on this site. My concern is all of the accessories. I have certain dishes my wife's mom absolutely loves but we like to hang out at her parents' place and hauling my Performer back and forth isn't really an option. But transporting the Smokenator, KettlePizza, Gourmet BBQ stuff, etc. is a breeze. My concern is if Weber did in fact change their sizes will these accessories still fit?

PLEASE - somebody in the know clarify this.

I think they are the same, they just rounded to the nearest, and sometimes not so nearest, whole number. I guess they just stuck with the whole number that was there all along.

Comment

I thought that was probably the case. I just wanted to be sure. I am cooking pizzas for her with KettlePizza on Mom's Day and it better fit.

Comment

According to the reviews here on AR, there is no difference. From the review:

In 2015 Weber made a few changes to some of their classic kettles. The Original Kettle 22", formerly One-Touch Silver 22.5", has a new nylon lid handle that adds a protective heat shield between your fingers and the lid. Previously the legs just popped into brackets. Now they are secured to the body with spring loaded pins, which also enable them to be easily removed. Although the name changed from 22.5' to 22", Weber specs declare the grate is still 22.5" diameter with the same 363 square inch capacity.

Comment

Yep, same size just simplicity of titling them.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here