Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ash catcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ash catcher

I am a victim of my own thinking "MORE is better". All my grills are large. So i'm wanting (needing) to get something small for quick searing a steak or just a couple of burgers. Looking at becoming a full fledged member of the pit and buying a Weber. Specifically a 14" jumbo joe premium. Can I add the alum ash catcher from the standard model to it?

So, do you want an answer, like what you should do or what you should buy or are you just thinking out loud in the Pit?
    How much money ya got? You’re thinking small yet going "jumbo"? Give us some direction here as to what to tell you what to do. 🤔

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      "How much money you got." Fireman LMFAO!!

FireMan
    ​​​​​​​Sorry I meant the Smokey Joe Premium. Just wondering if the ash catcher can be bought separately. It is not included with the premium model

Comment

This one? I've never used an ash catcher. It really doesn't produce much (KBB). Now, if you're worried about fire etc... then you might want one. But just for tidiness? Nah.

Comment

This is where I go for parts. Has the ash catcher for the 14" Smokey Joe.

Comment

• ofelles
        ofelles commented
        Editing a comment
        great thank you!

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks from me too. Real useful site.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        They's a track in th lawn, betwixt them, am my house, one can safely assume...;p

Oh! ASH catcher. I first thought this should be on another website. I need to have my glasses checked.

Comment

• ofelles
        ofelles commented
        Editing a comment
        😁 you made me look to make sure I spelled it correctly. I have been known to mess up.
        Plus I'm at the age where if I did catch up.......then what?

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        LMFAO.
        I was thinking the same thing.
        As my wife says it’s an output not an input.
        😳😬🤢🤦🏼

I suggest you just buy a Jumbo Joe. It comes with an ash tray. Like someone said you're not producing a lot of ash anyway. I know a few guys have modded up their Joe's by rigging up an old pot and fixing it to the bottom vents but I don't see much advantage to that. I can pick the thing up with one hand and dump the remains in the trash can. It's a great little sear station for getting a true charcoal seared steak.

Comment

I have a Jumbo Joe and slide an old small frying pan under it catch ashes.

Comment

Wow my friend. Seriously, I just pick up me 22”Kettle and dump the ash right into the trash can. I’d imagine you can do that with the little ones?

that’s just me though. With these small one I’m not sure there will be much ash as they don’t hold a lot of coal right?? Mr. Bones might have one. Bonesy, they got ash catchers??

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            All my Joes have lil small tortilla sized ash pans, be they OJ's, or JJ's...
            All I know bout that, Brother...

I have had an 18" Jumbo Joe for years that travels in the back of the truck when pulling our travel trailer. Great little grill but I hate using it at home! I don't like bending over a grill so that means I have to drag something out for the grill to sit on. So now the little Weber stays in the storage shed with our travel trailer at our camp.

On the road I carry an aluminum platform bench that the grill can sit on, albeit precariously. Or it sits on a picnic table if there's one at the campground where we may be staying.

For home, I would buy something with legs. Footprint is not much worse.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	342
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	800627

Comment

Here’s a photo of my Jumbo Joe ash catcher.
            Attached Files

Comment

• tbob4
              tbob4 commented
              Editing a comment
              That is how you do it!

Here are some ash catchers, not sure how to fit them on any Weber.....

Comment

• ofelles
              ofelles commented
              Editing a comment
              @CumfortablyNumb I expect no less from you! Useful in a whole other way.

I use my Kamado Joe Jr. for searing. It works great.

For clean up I use the Milwaukee M18 Vacuum. It works great for cleaning out all the ash, and it runs on the M18 power system. I think Dewalt, Ryobi and who ever else probably has something similar for their battery systems. It really keeps all of my kamados clean. And it is really easy to do.

Comment

• Steve B
              Steve B commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for posting this Spinaker I've been looking for a new cordless system as my POS Ryobi"s are pretty shot.
              It'll sure beat lugging out the 16gal wet/dry vac.

ofelles . I asked exactly the same question on this topic when I bought a Jumbo Joe Premium:

Some good answers there.

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here