Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My New Weber Toy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang - all shiny and new - nice find. Makes me want to replace the table top on mine though... lol

Comment

ScottyC13 Not sure if you saw the below. That and jfmorris 's set up should cover everything you need to know.

I post this in an attempt to help our newbies (to which I once was a short time ago) not feel so overwhelmed on the topic of selecting a cooker that is right for them. There are a lot of “looking for advice on a cooker” posts from newbies and seasoned vets looking to expand their arsenal. Obviously, the choices and opinions

Comment

• ScottyC13
        ScottyC13 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. I've see that.

Nice pick up! Last time it will ever be that clean again!!! 😁

Comment

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        Nope!!

Congrats on the new rig!

Comment

Do I need to do a burn in for the new grill before cooking? I've cleaned the SnS and grates with Dawn. I'm having my son over for his birthday will be doing steaks.

Nevermind, I found the answer at Weber.
        Last edited by ScottyC13; September 24, 2019, 11:23 AM. Reason: Found the answer.

Comment

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          And the answer was?

• ScottyC13
          ScottyC13 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes for 20 minutes per Weber.

Pics from my first cook. My son came over for his birthday and I cooked 2 ribeye steaks. They were only a little over 1" thick, so I did hot and fast. Just dry brined them for 2.5 hours, then a little olive oil and pepper.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ribeyes.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	747745

The propane charcoal start was awesome. It was lightly sprinkling out, but then stopped.

Name:	charcoal starter.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	747746

Give her all you've got Scotty! I used the cold grate technique, which worked like a charm.

Name:	Warp 10.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	747747

I neglected to take a shot of the finished steaks in their full form. But I took them off at 125 and they came out perfectly med-rare. Served with roasted baby Yukons and broccoli with a butter/parmesan crumble.

Name:	Plate.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	747744

Comment

• klflowers
          klflowers commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice looking cook - way to break the new toy in!!!

Glad you got your first cook in with the new toy!

Something to be aware of if you use it a lot, and get tired of buying those 1 pound camping propane cylinders for the Performer - you can use a hose like this to connect your Performer to a standard 20# propane tank - that's what I use all the time, as I already had a spare propane tank or two.

Comment

• ScottyC13
          ScottyC13 commented
          Editing a comment
          Great thanks!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here