Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weber smokey joe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weber smokey joe

So it’s my birthday next week and my mother in law has been asking what iwant I’m thinking a Weber smokey joe and wondered what everyone’s thoughts on them are ?

I love my Jumbo joe, my smoky joe was too small for me. The Jumbo Joe is just a little larger but a much more versatile model IMO.
    Last edited by Butchman; August 18, 2019, 10:44 AM. Reason: corrected name

Comment

Originally posted by Butchman View Post
      I love my Big joe, my smoky joe was too small for me. Big Joe is just a little larger but a much more versatile model IMO.
      Thanks Butchman I have a larger landman smoker so was just wanting something smaller for just rustling things up for me and the wife on an evening or taking away on holiday

is it a decent quality grill for this ?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	106DCD30-AF0D-4E4D-8930-AEB02EA62FEC.jpeg
Views:	693
Size:	162.2 KB
ID:	731652 Yes, I take mine on vacation and camping. Works great but not for a crowd. Half a chicken indirect is about maxed.

Comment

• JustinT
          JustinT commented
          Editing a comment
          It looks good :-) and a great view

The Jumbo Joe is just as portable as the smoky joe and has a nice lid slide/handle lock which is ideal for taking on trips. Jumbo Joe is big name but it’s a small portable Weber.
        Last edited by Butchman; August 18, 2019, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea I've gotten both and the Jumbo Joe is my go to. The little Joey just sees limited duty these days.

I strongly recommend the Jumbo Joe over the Smokey Joe. The lid holder rotates up and snaps into place above the lid handle enabling you to carry it with one hand by the handle. It also has enough capacity to cook meat for 4+ people.

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Oops I should've read all the posts first, I just repeated what you said! (Great minds?)

Jumbo Joe photo Click image for larger version  Name:	FBF37079-DEA6-4420-99BA-CEE2660F0635.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.84 MB ID:	731666
        Last edited by Butchman; August 18, 2019, 10:35 AM. Reason: Sorry I meant Jumbo Joe as well!

Comment

• Butchman
          Butchman commented
          Editing a comment
          JeffJ only there for size comparison and happy family photo lol!

• JustinT
          JustinT commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow if only I had the spare cash 😍😍

• Butchman
          Butchman commented
          Editing a comment
          JustinT BTW I hope you have a Happy Birthday and get a Weber !

I have a couple. I use my Jumbo Joe more often though.

Comment

Jumbo Joe all the way
          Perfect for small cooks. I have an S&S for it and have reverse seared porterhouse steaks and have smoked a half dozen chicken thighs.
          very versatile when ur not cooking for a crowd

Comment

• Alabama Smoke
            Alabama Smoke commented
            Editing a comment
            You say you have a Slow and Sear for your 18" Jumbo Joe? I was under the understanding that the SNS fits the 22" kettle but not the 18".. I would love to be wrong. Am I ????? I have a PBC for larger cooks but smoke on an 18" Jumbo Joe for myself and my wife and sometimes up to 4 people or so. Can someone please comment as to the SNS on the Jumbo Joe?

• dwlacroix
            dwlacroix commented
            Editing a comment
            Whether cooking for two or looking for quality grilling and smoking on the go, the Slow ‘N Sear charcoal basket brings the flexibility of two zone cooking perfected by the Slow ‘N Sear to your 18″ grill.

Charcoal basket they suggest could be used

If ya were to only have th one, I'd likely go Jumbo Joe...that bein said, I have 1 Jumbo Joe, an 5 various Smokey Joes...love em all, but if forced to choose...

Several Smokey Joe cooks, available, here:

Smokey Joe's Cafe

Hot Dogs

Hey Joe

Smokey Joe 3

What? More Smokey Joe?

That oughtta git ya started, whether Jumbo Joe, Or Smokey Joe...jus git one, an enjoy!!!
          Last edited by Mr. Bones; August 18, 2019, 02:18 PM.

Comment

• MBMorgan
            MBMorgan commented
            Editing a comment
            +1 - jus git one, an enjoy!!!

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            resident Joe expert above. Now to go pour me another cup of Joe. Should be bourbon or scotch, but have aeeting I need to be sharp for at 1800.

I love mine, and I too suggest you just go for the Jumbo Joe. It's really is a fine fine portable kettle. The lid bail is also a clasp that allows you to carry the whole thing with 1 hand. <-- EDIT sorry I repeated this from at least 2 others above, but you can see it's a nice feature!

Comment

Butchman Huskee the problem I have is in the UK you struggle to get certain bbq bits like the jumbo joe Weber.co.uk don’t stick them and .com don’t ship to the uk.

The onlt place i can find to buy one is on eBay and they want over £100 for the grill and they are charging around £80 for shipping.

Comment

• Joetee
              Joetee commented
              Editing a comment
              Have you looked on Amazon?

• JustinT
              JustinT commented
              Editing a comment
              Joetee I have just checked amazon and they are £158 from there the smokey joe at the moment I can get for £59.

Click image for larger version

Name:	17526E64-792B-4CA7-A828-98C82FBC447A.jpeg
Views:	711
Size:	179.9 KB
ID:	736028Click image for larger version

Name:	8E7E1B90-931C-4CEB-818B-9BCF2C277D0B.jpeg
Views:	657
Size:	316.9 KB
ID:	736027Click image for larger version

Name:	image_97840.jpg
Views:	637
Size:	138.0 KB
ID:	736026 I have it!! I have my first Weber :-) and I love it great little grill i am more than happy with it.

Comment

• HawkerXP
              HawkerXP commented
              Editing a comment
              Very nice. But looks a little to clean. I'm sure you'll fix that up! Congrats!!!

• JustinT
              JustinT commented
              Editing a comment
              HawkerXP that was the first cook on it it won’t stay too clean for long :-)

• holehogg
              holehogg commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice and you using breaking in bacon.
              Good cooks await you.
              Enjoy.

I just gave mine away to a fam who didn’t have a grill. I only used it 3 or 5 times a year.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              That was a wonderful thing to do fer them, Brother!

For portability I really like my Weber GoAnywhere.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here