Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am i right about this Craigslist find?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering it's rarity (which may make it a collector version) and the $60 price tag, I'd say you got an outstanding deal. I'd buy it just to have it in the collection.

Comment

That's cool - basically an 18" Performer really!

Comment

Mr. Bonesfzxdoc

I didn’t use it for tonight’s chicken cook. The medium vortex looked a little oversized in the 18.5 kettle and I worried about grate space.

Used the 22 instead. Turns out I needed all the capacity I could get.

Legs and thighs at the start:

Click image for larger version

Name:	B1E147AA-B71F-47B0-9A0A-054B1AE86384.jpeg
Views:	155
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	693276

Next, legs are done, thighs still need a little more time:

Name:	A33F97F1-55E9-4EC1-A10D-8D107064B5AC.jpeg
Views:	128
Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	693277

After about ten more minutes the thighs were ready.

Name:	EF78BB69-F303-407B-8F86-015777006FCA.jpeg
Views:	140
Size:	162.1 KB
ID:	693278

This is just the third time I’ve used the Vortex. I’m beyond pleased with how it works. It’s nearly PBC-level for both ease of use and quality of cook. and

Comment

Fine Job!

Comment

Nice find.
            A guy up here has 2 Weber kettles for sale an 18.5 and a 22.5. Small one is in good condition, big one needs good cleaning and maybe new grills so he says.
            Wants $150 for the pair and will not separate????, probably going to offer $100 hopefully settle at $120.
            ….if I can sell the wife on this little venture....

Comment

That 18.5 will come in quite handy, Brian_M . Good call to use the big guy for last night's chicken cook. I agree, that Vortex is a gem.

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here