Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vortexing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vortexing

Threw some country style ribs from the Boston Butt section and some chicken wings on the Kettle today. This Vortex is one of the best accesory purchases I have made. I love cooking with that thing. Took the pork to 195 and the wings to good crispy skin. Sorry for no plated pics but I was hungry

Click image for larger version

Name:	V1.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	54407

yum yum!

Comment

They look like they are worshiping a tasty volcano. I need one of those things.

Comment

Nice looking pic Deuce. Love the Vortex.

Comment

Thanks Pit Boss, that vortex is amazing. That and this chain mop are the two best accessories I have bought .

Click image for larger version

Name:	CC5.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	54433

Comment

• Usernamevalid
            Usernamevalid commented
            Editing a comment
            DING DING DING DING DING!

Chain mop is awesome, best sauce applicator ever. Easy to clean, too. I haven't seen them around for a few years, I am on the lookout for a replacement. No rush, just watching.

NICE, chain mops are cool. I dont have one but there cool

Comment

• Deuce
            Deuce commented
            Editing a comment
            Besides being cool, they work very well lol

I was debating buying a Vortex for my kettle cooker, I think I will make the move now, thanks for the post

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            Me too.....

Owens BBQ...bout done via paypal

Item Quantity Description Amount
            ---- -------- ----------- ------
            Vortex_Medium 1 Vortex Cooking Tool Medium 22.5" 39.95
            Kettle

Subtotal 39.95
            Tax Rate 0.00%
            Tax 0.00
            Shipping/Handling 13.00
            Total $52.95
            Last edited by Jerod Broussard; January 20, 2015, 05:02 PM.

• Guy
            Guy commented
            Editing a comment
            I made the move last month and have not looked back they are great.

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            I love me some chicken wings.

Chain mop is $14.67 from Amazon

Comment

I found on a construction site a stainless steel sleeve about 5 inches wide and a tad over on the height so the grate is sitting on it. Its not vortex shaped but I'm going to try it anyway.. The picture is of a larger one still at work.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Usernamevalid
            Usernamevalid commented
            Editing a comment
            The shape is a 'frustum'. Google 'How to calculate a Frustum' and you could cut your sleeve to match.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here