Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st Cook on 26" Weber Kettle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st Cook on 26" Weber Kettle

Today was my first cook on my new 26" Weber Kettle (my other grill is a medium Big Green Egg). Using my new Smokenator it was a breeze. Crisping the skin over the smokenator was painless. Cook was Sweet Georgia's Brown Smoked Yard Bird. Delicious. Cook temp was ~325, 120 Kingsford Blue with 20 of them lit in my Weber chimney, (1) chunk of Weber hickory - about 2" square. Birds were 5 pounders. First photo is at 1 hour; 2nd is at 1 hour and 50 minutes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9764.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	53731

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9780.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	53732

Looks great. How thick is the steel on the smokenator?

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Looks great.

Comment

W. A., according to amazon.com "The Smokenator is an industrial strength product, made out of 18-gage sheet stainless, which won't rust.". On my 26" it will hold almost 150 Kingsford Blue - that's stacked & packed though.

Comment

• W.A.
            W.A. commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks!

Nice first cook!

Comment

Geez that is a beast. What are those, Emu halves???

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
              fuzzydaddy commented
              Editing a comment
              Out of the package, the 2 birds weighed 11.2 lbs. From Sam's Club (12% injected unfortunately), so only a light dry brine of Morton's kosher salt overnight. They taste as good as they look. I'm sad to say, a much better cook than my BGE has ever done, but it could be the operator got lucky today! Crazy good.

Looks great and I am getting hungry. I did not know Weber had a 26" Kettle. Going to have to look that up. Wish they had a 30"

Comment

Originally posted by Guy View Post
              Looks great and I am getting hungry. I did not know Weber had a 26" Kettle. Going to have to look that up. Wish they had a 30"

We'll do you one better: http://www.amazon.com/Weber-60020-Ra...s=weber+kettle

Comment

• David Parrish
                David Parrish commented
                Editing a comment
                Ain't it? lol

• fuzzydaddy
                fuzzydaddy commented
                Editing a comment
                But...no smokenator for this size, says the Q newbie.

• smarkley
                smarkley commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah that is a monstor! I think Jon needs one for all those ribs he cooks.

I bet the large Vortex would work great!

Comment

Outstanding break in, love the room on that 26.

Comment

Great looking chicken, fuzzy! #envious

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here