Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Weber Original Kettle Premium 26.75" (2015)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guy
    replied
    Smarkley. just put that E-Z on my list. For my 22.5 Weber Kettle. First time I have seen that.

Thanks,

Guy

Leave a comment:

• fuzzydaddy
    commented on 's reply
    @pitboy, thanks! Hoping to cook some Boston Butts soon. Good info.

• fuzzydaddy
    commented on 's reply
    @smarkley, with the Smoke E Z it would be huge! I could tell my neighbors all kinds of stories about what it is. Might have to beef-up the Weber legs. ha!

• smarkley
    commented on 's reply
    heh heh... but what a pimped out kettle it would BE!

• LowandSlow
    commented on 's reply
    That looks pretty cool! When its all said and done, you are spending $700-$800 the Kettle, Smoke E-Z, Smokenator and other accessories.

• pitboy
    commented on 's reply
    fully packed smokenator with temp control system on 26er = 10 hours at 225 +/- depending on weather.

• smarkley
    replied
    Hey fuzzy... now you need one of these for your kettle!
    Smoke E Z - 26.75in --

http://www.firecraft.com/product/smo...tional-smokers

Leave a comment:

• fuzzydaddy
    commented on 's reply
    I purchased my 26" at Firecraft.com for $299.95 and free shipping...my first time to order from them. That made the difference a little better, but I wanted the larger size and was happy for $50 off. At that time Amazon.com was $349.99. I just checked and Firecraft is still at the same price. @LowandSlow, I have not done a long cook yet.

• _Keith
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, for double the price you'd think you'd get double the cooking surface. 26 isn't even a 50% increase in area.
    Still want one

• LowandSlow
    replied
    After reading this I looked up some Webers. First, it is pretty crazy that the 22" is $150 and the 26+" is $350. Second, this does look like the best well rounded BBQ for 2-zone, smoking, searing, etc. for under $500. If I could choose, I would go Primo XL, but I don't have $1500. Please let us know how often you need to reload charcoal for 8+ hour cooks. Thanks!
    Last edited by LowandSlow; January 20, 2015, 11:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• fuzzydaddy
    commented on 's reply
    My other grill is a Large Big Green Egg (18" cooking grate), so this ~25" grate is awesome!

• BluesDaddy
    replied
    Got one of these after Christmas - on clearance at the local HD. I've only had three cooks on it because the weather has been so rainy since, but I really love it. Did the "snake" method for ribs I did last Saturday. I underestimated the amount of coals needed to due to the colder temps, but otherwise the cook went really well and the ribs turned out awesome. I really like the size of this thing and having true two or three zone capability.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    @fuzzydaddy, yeah they used to also have a blue option, and floating around on Amazon are a couple 'red brick' ones, but people say in reviews that color doesn't look very good in person...appears to be a discontinued color. I liked the blue & copper myself. But you can't go wrong with black, the food doesn't know.

• pitboy
    commented on 's reply
    Yes. The DigiQ DX2 https://bbqguru.com/StoreNav?CategoryId=1&ProductId=22
    Works like a charm.

• fuzzydaddy
    commented on 's reply
    I did not see copper as an option for the 26"; only the black!! I believe some of the kettles also have a green option.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here