Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Weber Original Kettle Premium 26.75" (2015)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Weber Original Kettle Premium 26.75" (2015)

This week I received my new Weber Original Kettle Premium 26.75" (2015) from FireCraft. Here's the Schematics. I'll be cooking on it very soon! I also have a large Big Green Egg. This is my first Weber...exciting!

Side view
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9702.JPG
Views:	169
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	51325

Top view

Name:	IMG_9703.JPG
Views:	164
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	51326

Cooking grate is stainless steel with handles. Yeah, that lid is a bit heavy.

Name:	IMG_9705.JPG
Views:	169
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	51327

Approximately 25" diameter cooking grate.

Name:	IMG_9725.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	51328

...and it's hinged on both sides. Yep, that's a new Smokenator.

Name:	IMG_9706.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	51329

Hinged opening is about 3-3/4"

Name:	IMG_9723.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	51330

Smokenator opening is about 5-1/2". I tested and it will hold 150 Kingsford blue, using the opening to put them in.

Name:	IMG_9721.JPG
Views:	177
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	51331

My markings for the vent openings:
    <---| is closed. Next vertical is 1/4 open, then 1/2 open, then 3/4 open. |---> is open.

Name:	IMG_9728.JPG
Views:	165
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	51332

Let me know if you have any questions or comments. First thing for me to do is to learn how to hit 225 and 325. Enjoy your day!

David

Interesting. I've been considering this same combination, but have demurred, because i don't see the need for both units. What do you intend to do with the Weber that you wouldn't do on the BGE instead?

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Good morning. #1 New toy! #2 2-Zone cooking--My BGE cooks are indirect and that plate-setter gets way too hot to remove after an indirect cook, plus the charcoal is a bit far away from the cooking surface for a good sear. Also, I tend to do large cooks and the cooking surface is much larger and will add to how much I can cook. The BGE is a great smoker for me, but crisping skin or searing is not it's strong suit.

• HC in SC
      HC in SC commented
      Editing a comment
      I got my used Performer from a guy who got a BGE XL for a Xmas gift.

He regretted selling it after we loaded it up in my truck.

Better to have it and not need it than vice-versa.

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I have other workarounds, but those would be the reasons I would do it, too. I use a WOO Ring to insert and remove the platesetter and lower the cooking grate. I really just want one of EVERYTHING. but there isn't room on the deck for that!

Awesome!!!!

I always liked the look of that ring for the lid on the 26+.

Comment

NICE!!!!

Comment

Great post, but everything is way too shiny and clean. Time to cook!

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
          fuzzydaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          I hear you! When the rain stops I'm gonna learn how to hit and maintain 225 and 325, then the cooking will commence. First up will be some chickens with MMR. Will post some dirty pictures later. Ha!

Very nice, love the added cooking room compared to my 22 1/2

Comment

Great job fuzzy! Why oh why didn't you join the copper bandwagon? Lol.

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
            fuzzydaddy commented
            Editing a comment
            I did not see copper as an option for the 26"; only the black!! I believe some of the kettles also have a green option.

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            @fuzzydaddy, yeah they used to also have a blue option, and floating around on Amazon are a couple 'red brick' ones, but people say in reviews that color doesn't look very good in person...appears to be a discontinued color. I liked the blue & copper myself. But you can't go wrong with black, the food doesn't know.

She's a beaut fuzzy! Are you planning on installing a temperature control system, such as the Guru or Stoker? Doing long cooks I think it's essential to have one, especially on a kettle. I have the same setup as yourself with a Guru and I couldn't imagine life without it . Fill the smokenator with charcoal briquettes, leave a little room in the middle for wood and the lit charcoal, dump that in, close the bottom vent completely, set the top to about 1/3 open, 225 all day long

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
            fuzzydaddy commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have a look at the Guru. May have to wait a bit for cash though...that's always the only issue with getting new items. Is there a particular model you would suggest?

• pitboy
            pitboy commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes. The DigiQ DX2 https://bbqguru.com/StoreNav?CategoryId=1&ProductId=22
            Works like a charm.

Got one of these after Christmas - on clearance at the local HD. I've only had three cooks on it because the weather has been so rainy since, but I really love it. Did the "snake" method for ribs I did last Saturday. I underestimated the amount of coals needed to due to the colder temps, but otherwise the cook went really well and the ribs turned out awesome. I really like the size of this thing and having true two or three zone capability.

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
            fuzzydaddy commented
            Editing a comment
            My other grill is a Large Big Green Egg (18" cooking grate), so this ~25" grate is awesome!

After reading this I looked up some Webers. First, it is pretty crazy that the 22" is $150 and the 26+" is $350. Second, this does look like the best well rounded BBQ for 2-zone, smoking, searing, etc. for under $500. If I could choose, I would go Primo XL, but I don't have $1500. Please let us know how often you need to reload charcoal for 8+ hour cooks. Thanks!
          Last edited by LowandSlow; January 20, 2015, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
            fuzzydaddy commented
            Editing a comment
            I purchased my 26" at Firecraft.com for $299.95 and free shipping...my first time to order from them. That made the difference a little better, but I wanted the larger size and was happy for $50 off. At that time Amazon.com was $349.99. I just checked and Firecraft is still at the same price. @LowandSlow, I have not done a long cook yet.

• pitboy
            pitboy commented
            Editing a comment
            fully packed smokenator with temp control system on 26er = 10 hours at 225 +/- depending on weather.

• fuzzydaddy
            fuzzydaddy commented
            Editing a comment
            @pitboy, thanks! Hoping to cook some Boston Butts soon. Good info.

Hey fuzzy... now you need one of these for your kettle!
          Smoke E Z - 26.75in --

http://www.firecraft.com/product/smo...tional-smokers

Comment

• LowandSlow
            LowandSlow commented
            Editing a comment
            That looks pretty cool! When its all said and done, you are spending $700-$800 the Kettle, Smoke E-Z, Smokenator and other accessories.

• smarkley
            smarkley commented
            Editing a comment
            heh heh... but what a pimped out kettle it would BE!

• fuzzydaddy
            fuzzydaddy commented
            Editing a comment
            @smarkley, with the Smoke E Z it would be huge! I could tell my neighbors all kinds of stories about what it is. Might have to beef-up the Weber legs. ha!

Smarkley. just put that E-Z on my list. For my 22.5 Weber Kettle. First time I have seen that.

Thanks,

Guy

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here