Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rotisserie for Weber kettle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotisserie for Weber kettle

Anyone try to make their own rotisserie set up for a kettle ( I have a Weber 22.5" one)? Looking to do something cheaper than the $150 set ups available online.

There are cheaper "universal" type units out there. I'm sort of looking for one for my 7-in1. You should have no problem finding one on Amazon.

Comment

I guess I'm specifically looking for a steel ring where one would be mounted on for a weber kettle.

Comment

Well a 55 gallon drum is about 24" in dia. If you cut it to height , split it and overlapped it, a few 1/4-20 bolts you'd have the ring anyway

Comment

• W.A.
          W.A. commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Jon. I was thinking about something like that. Eventually buying the cajun bandit one seems like an ok deal though if you factor in everything.

Well it would be real easy if you decided to try and cook without a lid. I don't use a lid all the time with great results.
        birds and roasts. No lid. Direct heat. Add charcoal as needed. Fire size in photo.
        You would just need brackets to hold your spit and motor.
        Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here