Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meet the newest member of the family.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meet the newest member of the family.....

After checking CL for a few weeks after narrowly losing out on a nice used Weber Performer w/ Cajun Bandit rotisserie, another one popped up.

A guy about 1.5 hours away from me near Myrtle Beach got a BGE XL and ALL of the extras as a gift from his wife and he was selling his Platinum Performer.

It came with an extra set of coal baskets, cover and even a 3/4 full bag of Kingsford!

I haggled with him a little, but ended up paying him asking price - we both did our homework and knew it was a very fair deal for all.

He had $600 in it, I got it for 1/2 that.

It was very well taken care of and loved - heck, the guy was already having regrets about selling it after I loaded it up in my truck.

I think we both know he'll miss it - lol!

Now I am officially over my Weber-envy from seeing Pit Boss' and Jared's new copper kettles, but the deal with the wife on my grills is now the same as it is with my firearms: if I get another one, one has got to go!

Here are the pics from the ad - but she is now in my garage!

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	48114

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	48115

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	48116

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	48117

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	48118

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	48119

Nice. Congrats! This one can light with gas, I believe?

Comment

• HC in SC
      HC in SC commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep. It has a hook-up for a small propane bottle just under the prep table.

WTG HC!!!!!

Comment

• HC in SC
      HC in SC commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks - I just ordered a Smokenator and a new hinged grate!

Now maybe a pizza kettle attachment?

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	48135

KettlePizza produces American-Made pizza oven kits that turn your gas or Weber-style charcoal grill into a real pizza oven. Weber pizza oven, gas pizza oven.

Attached Files

Comment

Nice find HC. You've got a nice compliment of cookers now.

Comment

• HC in SC
        HC in SC commented
        Editing a comment
        I think it was yours and Jerod's new copper kettles that finally pushed me to pull the trigger!

Awesome post on the home made smokenator BTW! Necessity is the mother of invention!

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        Those Grill Grates find themselves in all kinds of situations they're not expecting In the makeshift smokenator case they worked really well. They deflected the heat nicely from the charcoal and helped heat up the water pan to steam the water. I really don't feel like I need a smokenator now.

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Dave you don't need a Smokenator. In fact, you really don't need your Vortex either. Send that thing to me, I'll find something to do with it...

Had to pull the trigger on a vortex too.....

Comment

Grats HC! Good Cooking Ahead!

Comment

• HC in SC
          HC in SC commented
          Editing a comment
          Hope so homie. Think I'll try some ribs with the smokenator and then some chicken with the vortex second. Maybe some steaks on the vortex. Having visions of reverse searing over the vortex jet!

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          Searing over the vortex happens quick if you've got super hot charcoal. First time you do this try flipping every 30 seconds.

• HC in SC
          HC in SC commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the tip David!

Nice! Those performers with gas lighters are sweet. Congrats!!

Comment

• HC in SC
          HC in SC commented
          Editing a comment
          Muchos grassy-ass! I've kept my eye out since I lost out on a nice green performer w/ rotisserie.

I'm afraid the ECB is about to be sold to a co-worker who is just starting out - real estate is getting precious on my back deck .

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          @HC, if you ever think you'll get into log cooking, the ECB cabinet makes a great kiln and log preburner FWIW.

• HC in SC
          HC in SC commented
          Editing a comment
          I thought about that but at this point if I got a stick burner, something would have to go per the wife anyway.

At least it is going to a good home.

Besides, being able to drop $1K or more on a quality stickburner is out of the question for several months unless I hit the lotto.

Nice grab!

Comment

• HC in SC
          HC in SC commented
          Editing a comment
          I can finally quit looking; well at least for a kettle anyways. Might need to keep an eye out for a Lang, Yoder, Backwoods, etc from a scorned wife in a divorce sale. Lol

As a side note, a college buddy of mine got a 80% restored 69 Corvette convertible 396 / 4spd for like $3500back in the late 80s from a lady who got it in her divorce. Evidently the ol boy spent more time with the car than her and she enjoyed giving it away.

You never know...

Nice score HC

Comment

• HC in SC
          HC in SC commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks boss man. I wasn't sleeping on another one!

Sweet.

Comment

Looks awesome, does the pizza thing work well??

Comment

• HC in SC
            HC in SC commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry to confuse - that is a screenshot from the company's website - I wish I had one!

I believe I remember a thread where fracmeister, I think, had one and said it works really well.

For $140 I am going to hold off for now - I just ordered a smokenator and a vortex - that should hold me for a while!

• _John_
            _John_ commented
            Editing a comment
            You can get a lot of pizza for $140.

• HC in SC
            HC in SC commented
            Editing a comment
            Very true - and if I order Papa Johns I can have it in 10 mins -- there is a store less than 1 mile away from my house.

Congrats HC on your new acquisition. I have a deal with my wife if I want to buy a new gun I buy her something of like or more value first. That usually means jewelry. Same with my Outdoor Kitchen habit. I just bought her a new Bernina 750QE sewing machine and Horn sewing cabinet. That put her way ahead of me for this year so I won't get any static this year on anything I want to get. Maybe even the year after. I learned that long ago and it has paid major dividends over the years.

Comment

• _John_
            _John_ commented
            Editing a comment
            Good advice, my garage has a new car smell so maybe a yoder or lang is in the future

• HC in SC
            HC in SC commented
            Editing a comment
            Good thinking; but as long as I'm turning out good products from the grill it really hasn't been much of an issue; plus I haven't spent more than $325 for any one item.

As long as I keep the $ threshold down, put good meat on the table and don't take up all of the back porch space I am good.

And when she wants something, yeah - she usually gets it.

Happy wife = happy life!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here