Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Smoke on the new Weber Kettle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First off- award for pure ingenuity & thinking outside the box on clever use of GrillGrates as a smokenator!

Click image for larger version

Name:	award.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	47473

Second- award for ribs turning out great at the first attempt of an untested method!

Click image for larger version

Name:	award.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	47474

Comment

Thanks Gents! This goes a long way to show it's about the technique, not the grill. OK, and the right accessories! Many props go to my Grill Grates, BBQ Dragon, Mav ET-732, and Propane Torch.

Comment

• Jon Solberg
        Jon Solberg commented
        Editing a comment
        Its not the gadget that make a cook. just sayin

Propane Torch, sounds like the generic name of a cartoon character.

Florida State is getting spanked....finally caught up to them....

I also made the mistake of showing the wife your cook, I was going to get just a Hovergrill, now she wants me to get the smokenator too, since I think it comes with a hovergrill. I'd rather just get the Hovergrill.
      Last edited by Jerod Broussard; January 1, 2015, 07:26 PM.

Comment

• The Burn
        The Burn commented
        Editing a comment
        You can get them together or either separately - no discount when you get the set

Very nice, those ribs came out great

Comment

Those look fantastic. I pretty much stopped making baby backs a few years ago (except for one cook of MH's Rendevous-style ribs on the gasser when time was tight) but I think I have to put them back in rotation.

DEW

Comment

Thermapen... I saw where you guys gave away some thermapens with 4th of July American flag colors. Where could a fan of Meathead purchase one of these

Comment

Originally posted by Pig Grinder View Post
            Thermapen... I saw where you guys gave away some thermapens with 4th of July American flag colors. Where could a fan of Meathead purchase one of these
            Specializing in cool, unique and professional temperature tools. Super-Fast thermocouples, thermistors, infrared thermometers, data logging and more.

Many of the limited edition ones are sold out, but there's a camo one with a flag on it. I really like the flamey ones.

Comment

Great job PB! Luscious mouthwatering ribs - Now that's Mmmm-Mmmm-Good!

Comment

• David Parrish
                David Parrish commented
                Editing a comment
                Luckily they were even better than they appear. I may have stumbled onto something with my modified Memphis Dust

Man, those look like candy!

Comment

Thanks Burn. Yessir. They were tru pig candy. No doubt about that.

Comment

Ok, I'm gonna ask a dangerous question. Can you give us a little comparo of these ribs to ones off your PBC? I did my first whole chicken on my Weber recently and have to say the family really enjoyed it. I found the skin much easier to crisp on the Weber vs PBC and the smoke flavor seemed a little cleaner. Not trying to start something here. Maybe I just need to man up and do some ribs on my Weber and decide for myself. But still, there are other opinions I value. Thanks PB.

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo View Post
                    Ok, I'm gonna ask a dangerous question. Can you give us a little comparo of these ribs to ones off your PBC? I did my first whole chicken on my Weber recently and have to say the family really enjoyed it. I found the skin much easier to crisp on the Weber vs PBC and the smoke flavor seemed a little cleaner. Not trying to start something here. Maybe I just need to man up and do some ribs on my Weber and decide for myself. But still, there are other opinions I value. Thanks PB.
                    Voodoo check out this link for my thoughts on PBC ribs: http://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/for...off-pics-fixed

Comment

Voodoo I'll also add I think it's key to let the charcoal ash over in the PBC before throwing in the food. Helps prevent any unlit charcoal taste.

Comment

• Voodoo
                        Voodoo commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Man I appreciate that. I think I'm getting to that point on the journey to BBQ wisdom where I'm knowledgeable enough and skilled enough to begin scratching my head and asking some new questions. Questions I hope when answered will take me to the next level. Woke up at 4:00 this morning and laid in bed for the next two hours dreaming up new ideas for my 'que time this weekend. Everyone thinks I'm crazy, but they tend to quiet down with a mouth full of smoky pig.
                        Thanks for the help.

Great looking ribs! You have inspired me to cook a couple of racks on my 26.75" in the next couple of weeks. The one question I have as I couldn't tell from the pics, do you place the lid vent on the opposite side of where you place your coals? I always have thinking I am getting the smoke and heat to move around inside the kettle and not going directly up through the vents.
                      Last edited by Craigar; January 2, 2015, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Craigar View Post
                        Great looking ribs! You have inspired me to cook a couple of racks on my 26.75" in the next couple of weeks. The one question I have as I couldn't tell from the pics, do you place the lid vent on the opposite side of where you place your coals? I always have thinking I am getting the smoke and heat to move around inside the kettle and not going directly up through the vents.

Yep I put the vent opposite the coals and over the meat. Check out MH's article on Weber Kettler setup. http://amazingribs.com/tips_and_tech...ill_setup.html

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here