Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drilling a hole for thermometer probes in Weber 22"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rotagilla
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you. Glad I found this post. I did the same exact thing and like it.

• sorensen_j
    commented on 's reply
    Glad it worked out grampa!

• grampa
    commented on 's reply
    Okay, done on both 22" and 26". Works a charm! Thanks for the tip, sorensen_j!

• grampa
    commented on 's reply
    Actually I've been thinking for some time that Weber should have this on all their charcoal grills. It's so handy on the WSM, and needed on every grill!

• grampa
    commented on 's reply
    Brilliant! Many thanks!

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    None of the things I have done are hard to do - go for it.

• HouseHomey
    replied
    RonB I have Kettle envy.

Leave a comment:

• Steve R.
    commented on 's reply
    I love this idea! I just wish you didn't have to buy a minimum of 20 of those plugs.

• rgriffeath
    replied
    1/2 inch inside the port. The drilled hole in the grill is 3/4 inch.

Leave a comment:

• TheGrizMan
    commented on 's reply
    What's the diameter of the hole you ended up doing?

• rgriffeath
    replied
    This is the solution I came up with. The silicone plug is made by MOCAP and rated to 600 F. I have provided links to both the plug and port below. The tapered plug allows you to use as many probes as needed and still get a tight seal. The plug will also not do any damage to the probes.

Plug: https://store.mocap.com/mocap_en/msp...668.1495405160

Port: uxcell Stainless Steel 6.0-12.0mm M20 Cable Gland Connector with Locknut https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00843ULPY..._cJzqzbK8STVEJ

Happy smoking 👍
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rgriffeath; June 14, 2017, 02:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Henrik
    commented on 's reply
    Oooh, that sounds good! I usually don't stuff, but that's just because I'm a lazy bum :-)
    The lemon, apple and garlic sounds great with chicken.

• TheGrizMan
    replied
    Henrik my wife will eat without any BBQ sauce she likes it that much. I know the running thought here is no stuffing, but, after an overnight brine in 1 gallon H2O, 1 cup brown sugar, and 1 cup kosher salt, I follow a recipe with lemon, garlic, onion, apple, and olive oil stuffing, complements the smokey flavor quite nicely!

Leave a comment:

• Henrik
    commented on 's reply
    Man, that chicken looks good!

• TheGrizMan
    replied
    Here's the hole I made after everyone's recommendations, 3/8 right now, along with some pics from the day of smoking... 2 whole chickens and 1 pork butt. Brought some of the chicken into the ED where my wife works at the local hospital and the staff devoured it. Many said if I ever choose to leave nursing, I could make it as a BBQ chef. Kind words, gonna keep it as a hobby right now, though! Click image for larger version

Name:	20170610_153511.jpg
Views:	6715
Size:	194.7 KB
ID:	332702Click image for larger version

Name:	20170610_162913.jpg
Views:	6858
Size:	179.2 KB
ID:	332703Click image for larger version

Name:	20170610_151425.jpg
Views:	6726
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	332701

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here