Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New kettle and uncles 100th birthday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New kettle and uncles 100th birthday

Well, I got the second weber and put it together on Friday. Yesterday we celebrated my uncles 100th birthday and everything turned out great. I did not get any pictures with food on the kettle
    but I did get one after lighting.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20667.jpg Views:	2 Size:	809.9 KB ID:	1228941
    Starting the new Kettle up, Sorry no pix of food.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20662.jpg Views:	2 Size:	75.7 KB ID:	1228942
    The birthday boy enjoying one of the hotdogs. One of his favs.

Last edited by rlozinak; May 30, 2022, 09:55 AM.

Wow, a century! My Mom would have turned 100 in November this year (she passed at 90). That's a hell of an achievement! And congrats on the new kettle

Comment

• rlozinak
      rlozinak commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks and I will tell Uncle John!.

Pass along my best wishes to your uncle. 100 years! The wisdom that he holds! Great that you were able to still get the grill for this special cook.

Comment

• rlozinak
      rlozinak commented
      Editing a comment
      I will, as soon as he gets up

Congrats and congrats. Great times. Enjoying a new toy and celebrating a milestone. Not sure if it gets any better. 🙌

Comment

Congrats and happy birthday to Uncle John! Please tell him he doesn’t look a day over 80. Good on you for handling the grilling.
      Last edited by Sid P; May 31, 2022, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Happy Birthday!

Comment

Congratulations uncle John quite the milestone and he most certainly doesn't look his age.

Comment

Tell Uncle John we all said Happy Birthday, and I’m with the others, he really does look a lot younger! Enjoy your new kettle. Just an observation here, but I noticed your kettle lid vent doesn’t have the plastic heat shield that goes over the tab. I thought they came on the Master Touch series 🧐 mine did. It makes using your fingers to adjust the vent impossible during a cook…without getting burned.

Several years ago my first kettle was their basic $99. model and it didn’t come with the heat shield for the tab either. I called Weber about buying one and thought I was gonna be charged for it. I think it was about $8. or $9. back then, plus shipping. I nicely mentioned to the lady that I thought Weber should include that on all their models, without having to buy it. Without it, you’ve got to use either gloves or a utensil to adjust the vent during a cook. Anyway I politely asked her if there was any way she could let me have it at no charge….she said yes! Just an FYI in case you ever wanted to get that part some day.
            Last edited by Panhead John; May 30, 2022, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• rlozinak
              rlozinak commented
              Editing a comment
              Panhead John, Thanks for the tip, I have the plastic heat shield coming under warranty. All I had to do was call! thanks!

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              You’re quite welcome my friend, glad I could help….

• rlozinak
              rlozinak commented
              Editing a comment
              Well, I received a package from weber and it was the damper. So they did not send the plastic part that I requested. I called again and she said it does not come with the grill. She said If I sent her a picture of the damper on the lid I would get the plastic part. So I did and she said she will process the warranty. In the mean time I have cut a slit in a cork from a wine bottle and I use that. It works good.

I’m confused. It’s Uncle John’s birthday, but you’re the one who got the toy. How’s that work?
            But seriously, happy birthday to Uncle John and enjoy your new kettle.

Comment

🎂Happy Birthday!🎂

Comment

Happy 100th to your Uncle! Enjoy the New Weber.

Comment

Best wishes on his birthday and I hope many more together with his family.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here