Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tri tip on the Weber Kettle/Roti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tri tip on the Weber Kettle/Roti

Picked up two at Costco for a neighborhood gathering (wife's birthday party). I've had great luck with the Weber rotisserie setup. Put on BBBR, Smoked these over oak (with a tiny bit of apple, just to see what would happen) and seared them over the coals towards the end. We served them at 135 degrees.

The result was juicy, tender, and devoured in minutes...

Did you have that pan in between the charcoal and meat? Seems you'd want the radiant heat and burnt offerings from the juices.

Comment

• JeffJ
      JeffJ commented
      Editing a comment
      When I've done roti turkey I've always put the coal baskets on opposite sides and had the bird spinning in the middle.

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      I think with beef the extra radiant heat would be helpful.

• Livermoron
      Livermoron commented
      Editing a comment
      It's hard to see in the picture, but the pan's on the bottom grate, in between the coal baskets (and not above...)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here