Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Smoke on my Kettle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Smoke on my Kettle

Thanks to everyone who responded to my earlier post. Decided to try my hands at the snake method for Spare Ribs. Came out pretty good. Was really impressed with the Kettle’s ability to maintain temps. Much easier than I thought. The kids loved them and they’re very picky eaters.
    Attached Files

Congrats on a successful cook. I suggest placing your wood chunks closer to the start of the hot coals. The ribs will take on more smoke for the first few hours. Of course, if you were happy with the smoke, you did it right.

Comment

Nice looking slab of ribs right there I say.

Comment

So ya think they are pretty good huh? Well, lemme see…………mmmm
        …………OK from here……………lookin good from over here……………Wibs huh……………
        and juss turn it a little this ways……….. okayyyyyy, yup, these Wibs are pretty good!

Comment

Danged Fine results, all 'round, an especially fer th first time out, Brother!

Comment

• sigaris
            sigaris commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you Sir! Yes, came out great. Was really pleased with how well the snake method worked in the kettle.

Weber kettle is where I got my start smoking, and I’m certain many others have too. It’s an excellent tool for so many things. Definitely one of the most versatile cookers I’ve ever had.

Mighty fine looking ribs…and kid approval is huge! Keep up the good work…and keep posting here!

Comment

It's late, an I'm tired, but, if memory serves me correctly, at this particular juncture, I think I'm down to 13 Kettles...

Comment

Comment

Those look great! Glad you had a successful experiment

Comment

You done good, PBR good.

Comment

Mighty nice lookin wibs!

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

I find the snake method the easiest for things like ribs. Good job!

Comment

Congrats! Those look great!

Comment

Glad to see they came out so well. Nice work.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here