Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turbo charged my 26 kettle…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo charged my 26 kettle…

Spoke with Chad @ Kick Ash Basket a week ago about the idea of adding an XL basket to my 26 kettle.

The XL is sized to fit XL BGE’s and is a bit small for the 26 kettles… but was exactly what I was looking for as I prefer to have the good sized direct grilling area of the basket, with a 2nd cooler zone around the perimeter of the kettle. Also, keeps the charcoal from the walls of the kettle.

In order to clear the cooking grate, Chad had to bend the handles back a bit.

Another reason that I wanted this was to be able to sit cross ways on the stock charcoal grate… keeping small pieces of lump from falling through. When done, a quick raking of the charcoal and the ash is gone.

Cooked up some burgers today and so far so good. Nice to be able to keep the lump contained and stacked when doing a good amount of direct grilling.

Hotness!!!

Comment

Very Kewl setup, Brotherman!

Kudos to yerself, an Chad! Might havedta have him doctor me one up, fer my 26.75"

Got th SnS XL, Easy Spin in mine, already, but...

Ya know how MCS can be!

Comment

• rwalters
        rwalters commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, MCS does have a way of getting into our wallets. Pretty sure this is a sister illness better known as MCAS though 🤷🏻‍♂️

Nice job!

Comment

Where there is a will there is a way, but I prefer my Pellet Grill, but I have to say you done good today.
        Happy Grilling to you and PBR too

Comment

Chad did a great job on bending those handles back a bit, looks stellar.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here