Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Followed Attjack’s lead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Followed Attjack’s lead

The 26 finally got the much needed helper handle.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6323C362-37CD-4F42-84AC-576915D3480E.jpeg
Views:	180
Size:	212.5 KB
ID:	1099149

Great idea you two. That lid really is a two-hander, and I'm not a weakling.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Imagine lifting it while sitting.

• Steve R.
      Steve R. commented
      Editing a comment
      Especially once you get a little gunk built up. I can't count how many times I have just lifted up under the front edge of that lid with my other hand when taking it off. Really, with the lid holder mounted on the back, this makes it a one-hand task as intended.

And Richard Chrz , if your 26'er is anything like mine, it will soon lean over for you to make removing the lid even more convenient.
      Last edited by Steve R.; September 23, 2021, 12:52 PM.

Sorry, I don't recognize the big black orb. 😜

Comment

As I continue to age, I'm finding that lifting the lid on my huge Kamado is getting to be more and more of a chore. It's spring-assisted, but that thing is still a beast. That idea of starting the dream outdoor kitchen and swapping to the LSG adjustable as a built-in is sounding more and more attractive, so I totally get the move to easier handling.

Comment

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        That is something I've had others mention about the SNS Kamado. The lid is heavy, even with springs.

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        I wonder if a clever cobbler could rig a counterweight to a kamado lid to assist more.

• Jim White
        Jim White commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, a counterweight would probably be great. But I still am frustrated by how far the lump sits from the grill surface. Searing is just not possible. But stay tuned, I'm trying a new hack this evening that may fix that for some applications. Steak night with my wife travelling.

I lifted some heavy kamados lids as well when I visited Max a few weeks back.

I will say the Akorn is much lighter and still seems to hold an effective seal thanks to the quality gasket. I definitely noticed and appreciate it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here