Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Troubles getting higher temps with my kettle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because this is more exciting than hot dogs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	D03ACC37-216B-43B4-9D98-6E16926E0F61.jpeg
Views:	65
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	1097961

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      He'll have to use millimeters..

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      HawkerXP What are those? Sounds like insects.

• big_mack
      big_mack commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll take a similar picture later today. but it looks like what I have. just that mine is bigger because its in mm. :-)

Guys, I dug around some and on the BBQ Brethren forums, there is a long thread on Weber charcoal, with correspondence with the supposed assistant to the Weber CEO, during 2020, on the subject. She basically said that the US sales were not sufficient to support the distribution of the charcoal in the US, but that sales would continue in Canada and Mexico. She also in one email said that it is essentially Royal Oak "Chef Select", available through GFS Food Service.

As someone who liked Weber charcoal, I really do believe that it had issues competing in the US. When it was in stock at my local Lowe's and Home Depot, it often was not on the floor, and I had to ask someone to get it from a pallet up on a high shelf. The floor was dominated by 2 packs of Kingsford, $5-6 bags of Royal Oak, and the cheap "Embers" charcoal. I.e. stuff that was half or less of the $1 per pound that Weber listed for. It was only competitive when it went on clearance for $5 or less a bag at the very end, when it was leaving the distribution channel. For me, it was worth the $20 per bag to have peace of mind during overnight smokes, and I snatched up a dozen or so bags on clearance at the very end of 2019.
    Last edited by jfmorris; September 21, 2021, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here