Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$30.00- Are you kidding me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$30.00- Are you kidding me?

Scored a Performer Deluxe with Touch and Go Ignition for 30 bucks on Friday. I texted the guy to make sure he hadn't misplaced a decimal- $300.00 vs $30.00.
    Sure enough, 30 bucks. I made a quick inspection, the bowl was intact, the lid had no dings. The plastic table was a little janky, but I figured I could fix that. I handed over a 20 and 2 fives as quick as I could get them out of my pocket.
    Upon further inspection, the charcoal ($16) and grill grates ($32) were shot. The front brace ($34) was cracked and held together with zip ties, the ignitor wouldn't fire ($23). All in so far- $135, and about an hour cleaning her up. I put about a 1/2 hour into sanding down the plastic table, results were good. I used 150 gr, then 220, then 400 and finally 000 steel wool. If I had that to do over again, I would've started with the 220, and left out the 150.

Click image for larger version  Name:	k1.jpg Views:	25 Size:	4.58 MB ID:	1085495Click image for larger version  Name:	k2.jpg Views:	24 Size:	4.62 MB ID:	1085496Click image for larger version  Name:	k3.jpg Views:	24 Size:	5.27 MB ID:	1085497

Now, I didn't need another grill- but 30 bucks? Come on! This one will probably live at my cabin in the mountains, as there really isn't any place to put it at home:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	k4.jpg Views:	24 Size:	5.58 MB ID:	1085498Click image for larger version  Name:	k5.jpg Views:	24 Size:	6.10 MB ID:	1085499
    I don't think I have MCS- I think I have MBS ( Mr. Bones )Syndrome)

By the way, the little 18" kettle is a Weber knock off I got at Target, oh, 30+ years ago?
    Last edited by McFlyfi; August 30, 2021, 11:10 AM.

GREAT FIND!

I thought I did good finding my similar model Performer Deluxe for $100. You did much much better!

Comment

Score one for the McFlyfi

Comment

Good job. Now I have bargain envy

Comment

Great job. I love finding deals. Your bbq yard looks really nice. Where did you find it in So. Cal? If it was near me, I'm gonna be bummed (but happy for you ).

Comment

• McFlyfi
            McFlyfi commented
            Editing a comment
            Camarillo- 15 minutes from me.

Great score! It looks to me like you have plenty of room there.

Comment

Cain't beat a deal like that!!!

Congrats, hope th MBS isn't Terminal LOL!

Comment

Nice Score!

Comment

Having the same cooking setup at the cabin is a bonus! I’ve done the same at our lake house! Both my dad and I have have our older Weber Genesis’ down there and I also have my $30 wonder Kettle. It sure is fun to be able to cook up the same goodness wherever you are calling home at the time!

excellent work on the new to you kettle!

Comment

Congrats on a great deal..

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here