Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Temp increases getting in to the wider part of a SNS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glitchy
    commented on 's reply
    What this 👆guy says if the increase really bothers you.

• HawkerXP
    replied
    How long into the cook? What temp are you trying to hold?

Are you giving the charcoal a poke or two around 3 hours? You know, to knock down the ash?

Awe. Never mind. I see you are up in the Great White North. The air up there is more flammable I hear.

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    replied
    Get fan control and stop temp swings.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Odd? I think as th SNS widens, more lit coals would=more British Thermal Units, Predictably...

Unless yer cookin somethin Super-Delicate, I fail to see th need to even monitor this event...

Light th properly built fire... allow it to reach fruition, set vents accordingly, an roll on...

Enjoy yer Supper, Minus th Thermo Stress

Leave a comment:

• Red Man
    replied
    I use water, which might help a bit. I wouldn’t necessarily use less briquettes. 12 briquettes works for kbb, but I’ve switched to B&B (which I think is similar to Weber but I’ve never used Weber briquettes) and 16 lit works well for me. I actually suggest not worrying about the temp slowly rising. I like to start around 200 and let it slowly rise to 275 or so over the duration of the cook. I feel this helps get more smoke into the meat by starting at a lower temp. It also helps to power through the stall and results in much shorter cook times than staying at 225.

Leave a comment:

• big_mack
    replied
    Originally posted by rickgregory View Post
    Same. try fewer lit coals to start and kind of spread out coals. It's odd, I just started seeing this too
    I did not use water. Maybe that's why its more noticeable.

Leave a comment:

• rickgregory
    replied
    Same. try fewer lit coals to start and kind of spread out coals. It's odd, I just started seeing this too

Leave a comment:

• big_mack
    started a topic Temp increases getting in to the wider part of a SNS

Temp increases getting in to the wider part of a SNS

I'm getting temp increases thru a cook as time goes along. I lit a about 15 weber briqs to start and put them in one corner and loaded the rest of the SNS with unlit charcoal. I'm finding I have to reduce air as I get in to wider section of the SNS where there is more fuel. Is this the way its suppose to be? It makes sense.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here