Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tailgating with a Smokey Joe Saturday. TIPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tailgating with a Smokey Joe Saturday. TIPS?

Eight Men with Healthy appetites.

I am thinking Brats and Burgers. Other ideas?

I normally cook on a Gasser or a Pellet Rig.

How much Kingsford to get the optimum cook time and temp?

Thank you gentlemen!

Ya got grillgrates for it?

Comment

• jayn
      jayn commented
      Editing a comment
      I dont for that, but my 14" set fits another "Tailgate" grill I have perfectly.
      Going to give that a test later in the week.

I just did the brat tub and it turned out great. While the brats were on the indirect I did dogs for the kids on the direct, burgers would be easy as well.

Comment

When I've tailgated with the Smokey Joe it's been only for dogs and brats. It's just so darn small. It produces nice results though.

Comment

I love doing Kabobs on the grill for tailgating. They are easy to eat and you can get a good variety of food for everyone and all tastes. If some one wants chicken, beef even shrimp it can all be done. And you can they cook quickly and they are pretty much finger food, being they are on a stick!! However, the brat tub is also a great idea, you can never go wrong there. Good call John

Comment

It's a great grill, it holds 30 to 40 brickets, grill stuff. Burgers chicken breat, sausage etc

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here