Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spyder Weber Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spyder Weber Controller

This looks interesting. I like the battery option. The Spider VENOM by Spider Grills — Kickstarter

That does look interesting. Unfortunately, they don't have enough information though on which Weber kettles it fits. In the video, it looks like he is attaching it to the basic "original" Weber 22" kettle, and not to a Premium or other model that has an ash catcher basket. I say that because it appears that he slips it over the original kettle's ash sweep handle, and that there is not the ash basket attachment ring that a premium/mastertouch/performer would have.

Comment

• cgrover60
      cgrover60 commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe we'll know more in December if and when it actually launches.

It doesn't look to be Performer friendly.

Comment

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope. Neither is their pellet cooker rig for kettles. To me looks like it needs you to detach the ring that holds the Weber ash bin if you use it on a Premium or Mastertouch kettle.

I'm seriously interested in the Venom. Looking to see how easy it is to install for my Weber 22 Kettle.

Comment

Here is Tom Horsman YouTube video on the Venom. Lenny

Comment

Look at me.. I thought you were going to tell me how to control spiders on my dock / boat house.

Comment

Watched the honest reviews of the venom controller and the spider pellet adapter.

the pellet adapter seems super interesting vs the venom. If you don’t have a smoker currently, but have a kettle… which would you choose, and why? And how would it compare to the SMOBOT if one is interested in one of these add-ons?

they all seem to make kettle cooking easier from the looks of things.

Comment

I have the Spider Venom and have tested it pretty thoroughly. Watch for my detailed review sometime in September. Bottom line: I like it a lot.

Comment

Hmmm, write up says 22in and above. The order page says it fits the 26 with some conversion clips which are in stock as is the Spider itself. I am thinking I will hold on to my 26 kettles after all..

Comment

So, from looking at the website, I see videos now showing that this works by having you remove the stock ring that the ash bucket hangs on. So I am thinking it may actually work on a Performer now that I see it, assuming it's 'll not too hidden up under the cart. The Performer also would act to protect it from the weather, especially with a cover on the grill, if you just left it attached.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here