Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B&B Snake method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve R.
    replied
    With a 26" Weber kettle, it's easy. Use the same number of briquettes as you would using Kingsford original briqs in a 22" kettle. I get about twice the burn time with B&B vs KBB.

Leave a comment:

• Red Man
    replied
    I’m a big fan of B&B briquettes, definitely my preferred brand. I’ve found they don’t burn as hot as Kingsford but they last much longer.

Leave a comment:

• bmillin
    started a topic B&B Snake method

B&B Snake method

I’ve just begun trying out B&B Charcoal and so far I am impressed. It does seem to burn hotter and longer than Kingsford, with less ash. Buying the brightest at Ace hardware.

Yesterday’s effort was two St. Louis racks, flat, with a snake setup on a 22’ Weber stacking the B&B in two rows, with them leaning on each other rather than a third row on top. Daytime temp topped 100 degrees so ambient temp played a part, but I was able to get it to run right around 250. No wrap, just let them go until bend test said good which was around 4.5 hours. I’d say the coals left in the snake would have been good for another 3 hours, maybe longer so I’lol try the same setup for a pork butt.

I’m really loving to learn how to do low & slow on the Weber.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here