Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Building a 26" kettle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building a 26" kettle?

I have an extra bowl for a 26" kettle and a 26" Artflame insert. I would like to put those items into use. I've brought them down to the cabin with me.

Could I salvage a 22" Weber and use the legs, wheels, triangle, and basic ash catcher on a 26"?

I think the parts may indeed work from a fitting standpoint. What I'd worry about is the weight of the Artflame. It may make your rig top heavy. I'd fashion some sort of table or stand but that's me. Those spindly Weber legs may be a problem.

Comment

• Steve R.
      Steve R. commented
      Editing a comment
      I came here to make the same comment. I have had two 26" bowls and both were pretty wobbly right out of the box. The legs themselves were fine, but it was the welds holding the leg sockets that were the main problem. I love my DIY 26" Performer and I wish I had done it sooner.

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      I have definitely considered a built-in option but the reality is that this will likely not be used too often. I can't justify the size and difficulty to move a large cart that would have to be stored somewhere. I think I would move the grill around in 2 pieces, grill first and Arteflame second once it was in the desired location.
      Last edited by Attjack; July 13, 2021, 02:10 PM.

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      And keep in mind I have no lid so functionality is limited.

I do have a very expensive stainless steel stand for the EVO that I won't be using since I'm building in the flattop (which made my Arteflame obsolete in the first place). But there would be issues such as attachment and ash management to deal with if I went that route and it's heavy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	10-0002-Product-Image-Evo-Professional-Cart-Grill.jpg?fit=500%2C500&ssl=1.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	1059694
    Last edited by Attjack; July 13, 2021, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• tenphases
      tenphases commented
      Editing a comment
      That's prettttyyyyy! I'm gonna go put my credit card in the freezer

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      I think I'll secure a free set of Weber legs and give that a go first. Maybe I could then sell the EVO stand but maybe not because it is an d model EVO.

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      tenphases it is a nic hunk of metals. The SS is high quality and thick but the cooking surface is what it's all about.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here