Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pit Viper fan question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pit Viper fan question

Hi all.. I just set up a new Weber Performer pretty much as described in the sticky post at https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...-and-fan-combo

I'm using the Pit Viper fan along with the Weber adapter.. Is it necessary to use the foil tape included with the Guru Weber adapter to seal off for leaks, or is that only used if you are using the vent on the WSM?

Thanks
    Rick

The tape is not necessary on a Kettle. Now, get to cookin'.

Comment

Tape is for blocking extra holes on bottom vent applications like the WSM. You're good as Ron said.

Comment

Pit Viper fan To my knowledge they BLOW. 🤣
        Does not apply to Traeger. 😮
        BTW I find it really interesting all the different modifications, techniques, questions, and answers.

Comment

Thanks. I have both an original FB and the FB2 - my drive cable arrives today, and I should be all set. Still want to do an initial burn off on the kettle before I do any smoking — the Performer is brand spanking new, delivered 2 days ago. I had been using a modified Camp Chef Woodwind pellet grill with Savannah Stoker — so this will be fun to add another tool.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here