Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blue Weber Kettles At Lowe’s…Lots Of Them and No Sale On Kingsford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Weber Kettles At Lowe’s…Lots Of Them and No Sale On Kingsford

If you’re in the market for a 22” Weber Kettle and want one in blue, Lowe’s is making a push on em for Memorial Day. I was just in my local Lowe’s and they had a whole aisle of them on display. They’re $199. for the Weber Premium. They had their 2 packs of 20 lb. Kingsford Charcoal displayed next to them. And they’re not gonna be on sale according to a manager I spoke with. Still $19.95. She did say if Home Depot or Walmart put them on sale they’ll match the price. With the price of wood these days, I don’t really see that happening.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Panhead John; May 19, 2021, 09:58 AM.

Any blue Jombo Joes?

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Attjack There was none in the store I was at. A few of the stores in my area, I checked online and it showed none at all in stock and they were available in black only. Weber’s website only shows the Jumbo Joe in black, blue wasn’t an option.
      Last edited by Panhead John; May 19, 2021, 10:36 AM.

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, bro. I'll keep looking.

I gave up on the charcoal sale, picked up a couple bags at regular price. If they go on sale I can just get more.

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I think we’re gonna be SOL this year.

Saw the same assembly of blue Webers at my local Lowes in Long Beach for the same price just the other day. but the Kingsford OG was on sale - two 20 lb. bags for $19.98. I bought four bags.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-05-19 100034.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	1033489

Comment

• latenight71
      latenight71 commented
      Editing a comment
      @Panhead John

That's sometimes regular price and before our 10.25% sales tax. California prices are always higher. typical cost on same two bags of charcoal at Lowes is $24.95. Some stores sell the same for $29.99. that's why so many are flocking to Texas. I know two families who relocated there in the last 6 months. it ain't for Schlitterbahn, i'll tell ya that!

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow! It’s $20. all day long everywhere around here. And y’all have a 10.25% sales tax? !!? Didn’t know that. Damn.

• latenight71
      latenight71 commented
      Editing a comment
      California state-wide sales tax is 7.25% Cities and counties can tack on to that when they are able to trick voters good enough. Long Beach is 10.25%, which is the highest. I can drive 1.5 miles south to Seal Beach and only pay 8.25% or drive 65 miles North to Ventura and pay 7.25% sales tax rate (which I did when I bought my truck and saved some $$).

fyi: Costco has the Kingsford professional 2pk (36lb total) back on sale for $15 (down from $20).

I don't know that high lumber prices necessarily mean higher charcoal costs. My understanding is that lumber pricing is being driven by excess demand for cut wood vs. existing mill capacity. If mill production capacity hasn't gone down (which i don't think is the case) then there should be as much scrap wood available as there was before. If anything, the windfall profits from milling lumber will probably lead yards to run more shifts etc. that if anything will produce even more scrap wood available to convert to charcoal.

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for making me look stupid. 😂 JK. Your explanation does make sense.

• Smoldering Flea
      Smoldering Flea commented
      Editing a comment
      Not at all! seems like the price of everything going up. The fact that charcoal is low value per volume and shipping costs are bananas probably means you're right that prices ain't going down anytime soon..

• Old Glory
      Old Glory commented
      Editing a comment
      My brother in law works in the milling industry. Many mills shut down during the height of the pandemic. There is a shortage of milled wood and a backlog of orders.

Look to inflation. I will stop there, because this will eventually lead to politics.

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s ok. I heard discussing politics is a great way to cement friendships.

• zinfella
      zinfella commented
      Editing a comment
      Rigt…………

Home Despot has them for $175. Only in black in my area, but whatever. Any difference in these other than the paint?

Comment

• latenight71
      latenight71 commented
      Editing a comment
      No, Sir. Not at that price point. But, you can get a black 22" kettle with a basic ash pan for $99. Black is standard color and traditionally priced cheaper than other colors.

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      They also make the Master Touch kettle, which comes with the 2 grill baskets, it’s about $20-$30 more than the one pictured. But, the Master Touch isn’t the one they’re selling in blue.
      Last edited by Panhead John; May 19, 2021, 05:58 PM.

• zinfella
      zinfella commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe black is the best heat conductor.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here