Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Knocked over my Glen Blue 26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knocked over my Glen Blue 26

I was working on a fence project and I accidentally knocked over my Weber 26 now it's out of round. Does anybody have suggestions on how to get it back without destroying the enamel? It's bad enough the lid no longer fits. Quick measurements show it's almost a full inch off.

It wasn't even a hard hit very surprised at how much damage it got from such a soft fall.

Knock it over perpendicular to the way you knocked it over before?

Sorry, that’s all I got. 👍

Comment

Hug it with the widest section between your chest and your hands. Then apply pressure and check it. If not far enough, hug again. If too far, turn it 90° and hug gently.

Comment

• DeusDingo
        DeusDingo commented
        Editing a comment
        i love you thiiiiis much, grill

Man, that sucks. Picts might help.

In theory, you likely have a smashed, flattened spot. Unlikely the whole thing is out of round. So - IN THEORY - you can round out that flattened spot and get a working grill again.

I would expect enamel damage though.... Maybe not visible but something that will show in a year or so through peeling and rust.

Comment

Man you’ve got a problem I am sure many have had or have & have not heard of any solutions for. I know the jokes might roll in, but, in my book this is a stumper. I’ll be waitin with great interest & pullin fer ya!
        Maybe Weber or our own Dave of SnS has an idea.
        Last edited by FireMan; May 15, 2021, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Measure it, then hug at appropriate locations...

Comment

It’s why I can’t own that color, despite my list for it. I am a calm person by nature, it I’d been dropping f bombs at myself had I had that happen. All the advice is already here,I hope it straightens out with out any color damage. Jealous that you own one!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh, hail to th yeah, Brother! Folks two, three blocks from me would be gittin peripheral F Bomb damage, had it been me!
              Really wants me one that colour, but not payin Premium Price fer no Taco Handled kettle, not too keen on em...

• RickyBobby
              RickyBobby commented
              Editing a comment
              Two.

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              ICU Brother Reaper 13 RickyBobby !

That damn tripod just isn't adequate for a 26.

Comment

Unfortunately I had an issue with my new one being delivered out of round Master Touch. They pack the base portion of the kettle, leg sockets down, inside the lid. The shipper (will remain nameless but sounds like multiples of the movie "Up"), dropped it flat from height onto the bottom of the box. Crushed the packing. There was a small dent inside the base that pushed out. It was enough to throw it out of round with no real way to fix it without damaging the enamel. Weber replaced base and lid. Had to rob the kibbles and bits from the bad one to make the new one.

Maybe you could just shoot off an email to Weber (if it is possible) and ask them how to get it back into round. Never know what they will say.

As a side note: tried to get the old one up and running by purchasing all the bits and pieces and a gasket so that I could have (2) 22" kettles. Sounds like an great idea. However, without adding the legs and wheels it was more expensive than purchasing a new Master Touch. So that idea is killed, for now.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnPaul View Post
                I was working on a fence project and I accidentally knocked over my Weber 26 now it's out of round. Does anybody have suggestions on how to get it back without destroying the enamel? It's bad enough the lid no longer fits. Quick measurements show it's almost a full inch off.

It wasn't even a hard hit very surprised at how much damage it got from such a soft fall.
                I don’t think it’ll ever be right!

Comment

An inch out of round, you should be fine to gently press the ends of the now oval grill towrd each other as needed. It helps tremendously if you have a hard flat surface to lay it on. If it wobbles at all, just locate the two points that don't maintain contact with the floor and press those together. I do this even for kettles that aren't visibly out of round.
                  Last edited by Steve R.; May 15, 2021, 05:31 PM.

Comment

I gave it some strong cross hugs, did not hear the dreaded 'ting ting ting". The lid now fits on, but snug. I'm hoping to give it a couple more squeezes the next time I heat it up. Thanks everyone for the ideas.
                    Cheers

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                      Mr. Bones commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Glad ya were at least able to git it functional, fer today, mebbe finesse some, later...

As an aside, dig yer chinwhiskers, Brotherman!

Gittin ready to mow off bout 12" of mine...

Originally posted by Attjack View Post
                    That damn tripod just isn't adequate for a 26.
                    So true!! Weber legs are weak at best and only giving it three is a bad combo.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnPaul View Post

So true!! Weber legs are weak at best and only giving it three is a bad combo.
                      Thus is why God made Performers!

Comment

• Steve R.
                        Steve R. commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It's also why we're still waiting for God to make a 26" Performer.

• zinfella
                        zinfella commented
                        Editing a comment
                        They may be in the works check his schedule.

I have done that more than once. On my old 22 and the 26. I actually made a template out of cardboard so I could see where it needed to be bent. I remember putting it on its side and gently pushing...Checking for round and after 3 or 4 pushes The lid fit like it did before.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here