Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is with my Weber Kettle and tree frogs?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clark
    replied
    I had frog legs for dinner and my stomach was jumpy all night.

Leave a comment:

• TxF
    replied
    I would have never guessed there were tree frogs in the middle of Texas, I’m not in the desert, but dry and hot is the default weather. These live in my Live Oak trees and when it gets wet we find them on the cars or in the boat.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Bkhuna
    replied
    Are these frogs large, like 2 or three inches? You may have Cuban Tree Frogs.

We have them in Florida. They are invasive and have decimated the native population of the nice little green tree frogs we all played with as kids. They are also prone to getting into electrical junction boxes, etc. and wrecking havoc. They also secrete a toxin that is nasty to the skin and eyes.

I have a 4 foot long piece of pvc pipe that I use to knock them off the walls, light fixtures, grill covers, etc. As they lay on the ground, they are dispatched with prejudice.
    Last edited by Bkhuna; April 26, 2021, 03:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Michael_in_TX
    replied
    My kettle, just like my PBC, is black and so are the cover. The only difference, now that I think about it, is that I store the Weber closer to the house and it is nearly always in shadow. The PBC is stored further out on the patio and is usually in the afternoon sun.

Let's just say I now take the cover off the Kettle with a significant amount of timidity.

Leave a comment:

• Richard Chrz
    commented on 's reply
    Should of had a pbc pbc pbc & a pbr

• Dick Anderson
    commented on 's reply
    I'll bring the PBR!

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    Well, I've seen them jumpin' in the pan.

• HawkerXP
    commented on 's reply
    Tastes like PBR!

• SheilaAnn
    commented on 's reply
    Tastes like chicken

• Steve R.
    replied
    I used to have this happen with an old gas grill. That was the only grill they ever inhabited, and I haven't had that problem since I got rid of it.

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    replied
    If you grill up some frog legs, they won't be able to jump anymore.
    If their legs were to grow back you would have an ongoing supply for frog legs.

Happy grilling to you.

Leave a comment:

• zinfella
    replied
    Originally posted by HawkerXP View Post
    I can't see them.........
    A couple more shots of Jack and they'll be right along.......

Leave a comment:

• tenphases
    replied
    You like bass fishing?

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    replied
    What color is yer kettle?

Leave a comment:

• HawkerXP
    replied
    I can't see them.........

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here